not installing update_ps3

• Thread starter DLZ72
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
DLZ72
everything was fine on my old 320gb ps3 until it quit, lol got a brand new 500gb ps3 & it goes through th3 16 part update just fine until the last in game update crashes on install . it says an error occurred during install?????? well i'm on my 5ft try it's been saying 4 minutes for the last 20 minutes but the bar is moving slowly ever so slowly. no problems with any of my other games.?.?.?

everything was fine on my old 320gb ps3 until it quit, lol got a brand new 500gb ps3 & it goes through th3 16 part update just fine until the last in game update crashes on install . it says an error occurred during install?????? well i'm on my 5ft try it's been saying 4 minutes for the last 20 minutes but the bar is moving slowly ever so slowly. no problems with any of my other games.?.?.?

I am also updating GT6 after a very long time of not playing. I had to download 15 updates, and I'm now installing 1.17 and having the same issue as you are. It says 4 minutes remaining, but I check on it every once in a while and the installation bar is still moving. It's just going to take a very long time to install.

I saw another post on how to fix the issue of it not installing. Back up your save game, delete your game information, let it download the first 6 updates, then cancel the 7th. Disable the internet on your PS3 and install the first 6 updates, then start up the game. After you have created a new save file, restart the PS3 and enable the internet and let it download the rest of the updates. Basically the problem is that you are trying to install too much at once and it fails.

Back