not reading game disc frozen game

  • Thread starter Thread starter SGETI
  • 4 comments
  • 716 views
Messages
2,640
United States
MA
Messages
CAPECOD104 SGETI
I have an original 60 gig fat that is not reading game disc. The other night the game froze, no big deal I went to bed. Then next day it kept freezing. I would be able to play for 25 min. then down to couple minutes before the game would freeze. On a few occasions the screen would go black, the gt5 logo in the bottom right and I could still hear the race going on, just no video and locked out. I was able to get to the dashboard and maneuver, no problem. Now the game is not even recognized when installed. I tried some other games , no luck, does not read them.
This unit is way out of warranty. Any ideas? Solutions? Desperate for a fix.
 
Just a guess but it sounds like the laser is going out....time to upgrade to a skinny!
 
Try a DVD/BlueRay cleaning disc first.....
 
I have an original 60 gig fat that is not reading game disc. The other night the game froze, no big deal I went to bed. Then next day it kept freezing. I would be able to play for 25 min. then down to couple minutes before the game would freeze. On a few occasions the screen would go black, the gt5 logo in the bottom right and I could still hear the race going on, just no video and locked out. I was able to get to the dashboard and maneuver, no problem. Now the game is not even recognized when installed. I tried some other games , no luck, does not read them.
This unit is way out of warranty. Any ideas? Solutions? Desperate for a fix.

Just fixed my old fat PS3 and now my new Slim wont read disks. Don't understand it same problem. Clean the lens my fat had to have the laser repaired and a new Hard drive.At least my slim is under warranty.
 
replaced the blu ray laser, all is fine again, took it to a local shop $80.00 installed and i was able to keep all my files.
 
Back