Not so much to do in A-spec?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxitsu
  • 7 comments
  • 1,067 views
Messages
1,752
Messages
Maxitsu
I personly hate Top Gear Challenges, grand tour chalenges, License test, driving schools etc. nothing much for me, i only do it becaus i want 100´% instead, I like to do RACES. I think there are't really that much of them. PD should have put longer and real races in A-spec, inclusive Kart, Nascar and rally races.

They have to make enough events in a way you should use every car-type in the game.

now its like.

ik do the Sunday cup, take a beginners car drive a few laps, gold. completed, next...
i do the FF challenge drive a few lap, gold, completed, next....


and after a little time you realize you won more then 30 old slow cars which you can't use for any race anymore... its kinda stupid.
 
It's... been like that since... GT1.
 
I have a strong suspicion that there's not enough XP available in A-Spec and challenges for you to be able to level up without repeating events, once you get to about lv24. I'm lv23 and I don't have much that I haven't completed yet. I'll be pissed if so because I've managed to do the whole game without grinding so far.
 
Go online - a lot of races!
 
It's... been like that since... GT1.

Not really. Both GT2 and GT4 had enough events for you to find a use for most cars. Arguably GT and GT3 did as well, given their much smaller car rosters. They also didn't have this ridiculous level progression system which effectively means that you have to constantly repeat the same small subset of high level races in order to unlock even higher level races.

Given the nature of the levelling system it should have been possible to set up a competitive, challenging and long race suitable for any car at any level of tune, providing a meaningful return of credits and xp while making the entire car roster useful for those who want to use more than a handful of supercars and race cars.
 
Go online - a lot of races!

If it would just work properly - then I would. It's horrible, really.

I'm at level 26 - only events I haven't done yet are:
- Roadster 4hrs
- Formula GT (can't find the car)
- Historic Racing Car Cup (will get a car to do it soon, though)

It's a shame that they didn't put more events into this game - I love the racing so much, but repeating the same races aren't fun as you aren't getting closer to 100%. I hope that they put in more events REALLY SOON otherwise GT5 will get deserted just as fast as it got populated.
 
Back