Not sure if its ben mentioned before...

Nice pics.
I hadn't paid attention to the Konami logos on Fuji speedway.
The strange thing is that Konami announced at E3 that they are busy developping a racing game for PS2. If it proves worth it, Konami will then be a big competitor on PD's market...

I think it's just because they have modeled the tracks completely. If you look there is another billboard advertising the video games company sammy. Same goes for all the actuall advertising in New York. They have a disclamer at the start of the game regarding it.

Although Mustang Man may have been refering to the Konami ads..... I think Arwin has picked up on something interesting....... the FLAG sign suggests they may be introducing full racing flags...... eg. yellow flag (accident and no overtaking), blue flag (somebody trying to lap you) etc.

That would be a nice touch!

Wads
Although Mustang Man may have been refering to the Konami ads..... I think Arwin has picked up on something interesting....... the FLAG sign suggests they may be introducing full racing flags...... eg. yellow flag (accident and no overtaking), blue flag (somebody trying to lap you) etc.

That would be a nice touch!
I suspect Mustang Man was refering to the Konami logo. The 'FLAG' means to me that the track modelling was done pretty thoroughly, but I don't expect in-game flags. There is already this stupid 10 seconds penalty for touching the wall or another car (and they call it real driving simulation :grumpy:). I think they'll have to develop realistic damage (touching, engine failure, tyre blow...) along with racing flags.

Back