Not sure if useful feature, or useless bug ?!?!

• Thread starter Roxanne
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Hi Folks,

first of all you have to excuse me for my following question because it is as I think very hard to explain how my Version of GT Sport acts during a race.

When I was on a race no matter if it's offline or online, everytime when I overtake some Opponent or he/she overtakes me, maybe 15 or 20 % from the left or from the right side of the Picture (it depends from which side I overtake / get overtaken), get's a "shadow-like" black pattern.

For example, I overtake someone from the left side, the Center and the right side Looks normal, but the left side gets darker for the amount of time while I overtake the Opponent. It only happens when I'm very near the Opponent. If I overtake him but he/she is more far away on the track like on such big tracks like Dragon Trail, everything is normal but on such tight Corners like on the same track, the same bug happens again and again.

I know it's very hard to explain but if needed, I think I can post a example while recording in-game. But maybe someone had similar experience with this.

I play on the PS4 Pro with HDR enabled (yes my TV Supports HDR and I use the correct HDMI-cable) but I played the demo last week on a normal PS4 and I got the same experience. I play with the camera Setting where you see the whole track without seeing the own car itself.

Thanks.

Regards
Roxanne

It's an indicator that tells you there's another car next to you. Dark right edge of the screen = don't make sudden moves to right or you'll crash or spin. The center hud has something similar with these little red indicators as well.

So yes, it's a feature (and a quite useful in close fights) and not a bug.

It's an indicator that tells you there's another car next to you. Dark right edge of the screen = don't make sudden moves to right or you'll crash or spin. The center hud has something similar with these little red indicators as well.

Yes, I understand this in the same way as a indicator, like with the Little red ones or when using the radar. Therefore I wasn't sure and I named this thread as I did.

Is this really usefull for you? For me it's quite disturbing, especially on such evening races like on Dragon Trail while sunset. Or maybe it's just me and my TV Setup.

Back