- 43
I am, unarguably, a terrible driver. Yet, somehow, I keep sticking with it and practicing and winning races, and eventually I do something right. Yesterday, I used my supped up $19,500 Evolution to beat the Evolution race and won the Mitsubishi Rally car. I promptly sold it, and did the same thing again. The winnings for my first one went towards a TVR Griffith, which won the ho-hum Spider & Roadster Cup, and the FR Cup after a lot of hassle (I haven't modded it at all yet). The second Lancer Evolution Rally car was destined for the car lot, but I participated in the 2nd Rally race which, for whatever reason, wins you an amazingly expensive Toyota Rally Raid. The races themselves were not hard (it was apparently on 'easy'), but I had some trouble since my general strategy on most courses is brake hard and late and I kept getting penalties for hitting the other car even though several times I could SWEAR that he hit me. It took me two seconds to decide to sell the car, so now you can hopefully see my dilemma. I have $278K and I have no idea what to do with it.
My current garage:
Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII RS'01 (438 HP after current modifications)
TVR Griffith 500 '94
Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept
Chrysler Prowler '02
(below that are cars that I can neither race nor sell for cash so I'm keeping them until such point as I decide they are not worth it)
I have a B and an A license, and the races I still have left to complete are:
MR, Lightweight K-car, Sports Truck
Professional - All but clubman
Japanese Hall
American Hall
European Hall
Special Conditions - All but the 2nd cup
First question is what to invest the money in. It's over 7 times anything I've ever had in the bank in this game before, so I'm definitely lost as far as options. Its Day 135 (Aug 14). I have a friend who suggested the Dodge Ram and using it for the truck and Special Conditions races, I can afford two different Dodge Vipers, a Callaway C12, one Ford GT, the TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve, or something more consevative like an NSX.
Second question is what should I do with my current cars? The TVR is stock right now, but Im not sure if its worthwhile investing money in it either. Can it win the blackpool in the TVR Dealership, or should it be retired after winning the spider/roadster cup?
My current garage:
Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII RS'01 (438 HP after current modifications)
TVR Griffith 500 '94
Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept
Chrysler Prowler '02
(below that are cars that I can neither race nor sell for cash so I'm keeping them until such point as I decide they are not worth it)
I have a B and an A license, and the races I still have left to complete are:
MR, Lightweight K-car, Sports Truck
Professional - All but clubman
Japanese Hall
American Hall
European Hall
Special Conditions - All but the 2nd cup
First question is what to invest the money in. It's over 7 times anything I've ever had in the bank in this game before, so I'm definitely lost as far as options. Its Day 135 (Aug 14). I have a friend who suggested the Dodge Ram and using it for the truck and Special Conditions races, I can afford two different Dodge Vipers, a Callaway C12, one Ford GT, the TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve, or something more consevative like an NSX.
Second question is what should I do with my current cars? The TVR is stock right now, but Im not sure if its worthwhile investing money in it either. Can it win the blackpool in the TVR Dealership, or should it be retired after winning the spider/roadster cup?