nothing but problems with steering wheel need help

• Thread starter Wing it
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
Hi, all, I have the PS 5 playing Gran Turismo 7. I purchased the thrust master T248 upon initial set up and use had problems with paddle shifter on the upshift. Intermittent problems where it would not shift. Sent it back to Amazon refund then purchased the logitech, G923. Right away had problems with the steering wheel disconnecting from the game. Lights would stay on on the steering wheel, but you would lose the steering where it was no longer connected, spinning freely to the left and right if you shut the PlayStation down, waited for 2 to 3 minutes rebooted turned back on the wheel would work. Sometimes it will work several days no problem then right when you were in the heat of the battle about to win a race the wheel with shut off and crash the car very frustrating. Return that to Amazon. so I’m at a dilemma I want to spend around $ 450 tops. As I’m just messing around in the back room , trying to frustrate the young kids race online as I’m 67 years old.
Which Steering Wheel do you recommend that is problematic free. Thanks for your help.

There seems to be something wrong with your console.

Both wheels having issues seems rather unlikely; I also own a G923 and I got zero problems.

Both wheels having issues seems rather unlikely; I also own a G923 and I got zero problems.
Thanks for your reply. It’s a little bit of a confidence builder. I’m tempted to buy another one and see if it was just a one off fluke. Logitech‘s support department told me you cannot have it plugged into a plug strip or surge protector, which that did not help with the problem at all. I did read several other people not on this site, but other sites experience the same exact problem.

I agree. My G923 is plugged into a 12-way gang with a surge protector. Its unlucky to get 2 faulty items but possible, Can you test your wheel on a friend or family member's console?

It's strange that two new steering wheels both didn't work. But I don't want to rule it out, sometimes you just have bad luck.
I don't think it has anything to do with your Playstation, but I would still try all USB ports, front and backside, to rule out loose contacts.

I want to spend around $ 450 tops. As I’m just messing around in the back room , trying to frustrate the young kids race online as I’m 67 years old.
Which Steering Wheel do you recommend that is problematic free. Thanks for your help.
I would recommend a Thrustmaster T300RS, I don't know a better Playstation compatible steering wheel in this price range.
In principle, however, there are no unproblematic steering wheels in this sense. Defects can happen with any model and any manufacturer. However, I have never experienced any myself with Logitech and Thrustmaster.

My G29 wheel hasn't given me any problems, I also have mine plugged into a surge strip. Have you been turning the wheel on before starting the game, as this could cause an issue also make sure you plug the wheel into the back of the PS5 as the front USB has a higher charge rate that might cause problems. I'm sure you had the switch on wheel set for PS4. Another old crazy old man just trying to help a fellow GT member.

It's strange, I think you may have to check your console USB port, did you try the wheels on PC ? Did they work ?

I've never have this kind of issues with my different wheels (driving force, fanatec gt2, csr elite and t300rs)

Back