Nothing new regarding the pit crew?

  • Thread starter Thread starter puricele7e
  • 24 comments
  • 1,054 views
Messages
683
Hi everybody,

I was wondering ever since the first GT4 pics i saw about the pit crew, if it will be in or not 💡 The only pics with it in, were the ones with that blue+orange Ford GT at the ...... track (don't know for sure). 👍

Everybody is raving (sp?) about the 350Z convertivle, Cobra, some smoke effects, motion blur etc.

Now, my question is, why doesn't anybody mention anything about the pit crews ever since????? :scared:
 
There's a good chance we'll know more after this weekend (Tokyo Game Show), but until now, that footage is the only real cue of what they're planning.
 
Last I heard they were on holiday chilling at the beach, they're letting their agents sort it out. :)
 
I think that there is a pit crew in GT4.....whether its a cut movie scene or a real in-game scene I don't know........but im sure it will look abit like this (and this is game quality, not DVD render)......
 

Attachments

  • ps2_gt4_106.jpg
    ps2_gt4_106.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 79
Well, it would be appreciated if it does happen...its so damn cool
 
The track with the Ford GT in the pits was Autunm Ring :D
Its at the end of the ending movie in Prologue
 
I am so looking foward to pit crews it would awesome. Ever notice in the pics with the GT its engine is being looked and the car is being refuled.
 
I hope it happens... but don't hold your breath.
 
I think it's part of the intro CG, but hope it's part of the pit stops....
 
trEVO
There's a good chance we'll know more after this weekend (Tokyo Game Show), but until now, that footage is the only real cue of what they're planning.

Tokyo Game Show has started so get scouring those Asian gaming sites for new screens, videos and info. :cheers:
 
Everyone split up, I'm going to all the Japanese sites I know of :lol:
 
cobragt
Everyone split up, I'm going to all the Japanese sites I know of :lol:
On three. One....Two....Three.....GO!!!!!!!! 👍
 
I thought it dosnt start for another few hours?
Oh well. Ill come back this afternoon, there better be some good info! :D
 
When is Tokyo Game Show anyway? :confused:
 
The pitcrew have to be shown at tgs because I remember Kaz saying he wanted to present a almost complete version at tgs. I can't wait till the info flows in.
 
The Vanishing Boy
When is Tokyo Game Show anyway? :confused:
The 24th(Today :D) from 10:00 to 17:00 for the media or somthing and then on the 25th and 26th its open to the public.
 
We've talked about this before, several times, and still no official word on how crew pits will be included in the game. But, Kaz did say he wants more of a human element in GT4 and a pit crew sounds like a great choice. Plus, that car levitation in GT3 was stupid looking, so I'm sure there would be a pit crew this time.

Speaking of that human element, according to my latest GT4 video from OPM, there will be a guy waving a black and white checkered flag when you finish a race. It looked pretty cool.
 
Speaking of that human element, according to my latest GT4 video from OPM, there will be a guy waving a black and white checkered flag when you finish a race. It looked pretty cool.

The chequered flag waving footage comes from the prologue intro. It looks great. Has there been discussion of the animated people who congregate around your newly won car in prologue?
 
That was CG but you never know if a checker guy could be in.
 
Hey, a pit crew can make up for damage, sort of, right? 👍
 
Solid Lifters
Speaking of that human element, according to my latest GT4 video from OPM, there will be a guy waving a black and white checkered flag when you finish a race. It looked pretty cool.
There should be more than one flag. There should be a Green flag, a yellow flag, a blue flag(For all of the cars I'll lap) and a white flag.

Eventually I'd love to see a Safety car. I know Concept had that Skyline, but I'd like to see a proper one.
 
Since we are supposed to be able to choose the driver's uniform, the pit crew's team suits will probably be co-ordinated, too. They shouldn't always be dressed as in the picture above.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
News from GT world


While the Gran Turismo has always excelled in portraying cars and their surrounding environment in increasingly meticulous detail, there's always been one element conspicuous by its absence: people. GT4 rectifies this situation, replicating the movement of the driver, pit crew and spectators with Polyphony's now-trademark panache. This vital inclusion completes the triumvirate of "cars, people and nature" that Polyphony has always strived to achieve, bringing the GT series one huge step closer to reality.
 
Back