Nothing you want to do.

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 0 comments
United States
Texas
Ladies and Gentlemen, against my better judgment I am hereby establishing the GTPlanet Race Driver: GRID Career Challenge.

What is it? As it is laid out to my eye, it will be a competitive event in the form of what would best be described as a Hall of Fame, posting your fastest session against the rest of GTP. While this is the same idea behind Time Attacks and the Events of the Week that can be seen in various sections, this will ONLY use the 'Grid World' career mode featured in the game. Interested?

In order for this to work I have devised a few rules and standards to help things move along:

Rule #1) A new career must be started, as the introduction race will be included in the challenge.
Rule #2) Difficulty set to 'Extreme'.
Rule #3) Pro Mode must be On.
Rule #4) Head Cam must be locked On. Not a problem for some, but the rest of us can do it.
Rule #5) Follow the Posting Procedure. I need the info given in some detail, so not posting all of it will result in disallowed times.
Rule #6) All championships must be done for a 'Complete status'. This includes running all four classes at LeMans

*Note* Assist are allowed but please, show that you have used them when you post. Assist in this instance will be Traction Control, ABS, and Stability Control. Transmission choice won't be mandated.

The Introductory Race and all race events will be used, as will the 24 hours of LeMans, and each individual race, round, and run will be added up to give all participants a Career Overall for all items monitored. For race events, the full elapsed time will be taken per race or per round depending on the discipline. Drift events will take the points per round or per run depending on its structure. LeMans will use distance as it measure, simply because it is the same length of time if you run the whole thing, making it a time filler.

If you intend to participate, please open up the quote box for posting instructions.
No time, score, or measurement will be declared final. You can report a faster time than one you already have at any time! The introductory race is mandatory as well.

Circuit Races are to be listed as follows for each race:
Championship-Location-Track Layout-Car Used-# of Laps-Total Elapsed Time-Finish Position
*Note* For the LeMans series events, only focus on you're time. Use a calculator to find it if needed.

Touge Races are to be listed as follows for each round:
Championship-Location-Track Layout-Car Used-# of Runs-Round #-Total Elapsed Time-Finish Position

Drift Events are to be listed as follows for each round or race:
Championship-Location-Track Layout-Car Used-{Round #/# of Laps}-Points Earned-Finish Position

The 24 Hours of LeMans is to be listed as follows:
24 Hours of LeMans-Racing Class-Car Used-Distance behing Overall Leader-Distance behind Class Leader-Overall Finish-Class Finish

A DNF (Did not Finish) will nullify a result, but if posted can be used as a placeholder.

If you were knocked out of a tournament, post a DNQ(Did not Qualify) to finish out the championship. Doing so will allow you to come back later and make those rounds while trying to improve the ones you did complete.

The important thing to remember is that this is here for three reasons; Firstly to give a reason to go back to a game so many enjoy, giving it new life; second to compete with GTPlanets members in yet another fashion; and lastly to have some fun, something lacking from the mess that is called it's sequel.

Happy Racing Everybody!

Yeah, should have known better.

Last edited:
Back