Notifications?

• Thread starter Oddbob
  • 3 comments
Canada
Canada
Just wondering what the setting is, that only sends you an email notification if someone directly responds to you? I don't want notifications when someone posts in the same thread as me, only if I am replied to.

Just wondering what the setting is, that only sends you an email notification if someone directly responds to you? I don't want notifications when someone posts in the same thread as me, only if I am replied to.
Screenshot_9.png

Furthermore, you can disable/enable alerts as you see fit.

Screenshot_9.png

Last edited:
To expand on this a bit, yes, you can configure your settings to get an "alert" (via a notification that appears next to the bell icon in the top right corner of the page, or via a push notification to your device) only when your post has been replied to via the quote feature, or when your username is mentioned with the @ character.

However, it's just an alert — there is currently no way to get an email notification if your post is quoted by someone else.

In other words, when it comes to email notifications, you can either get them for new thread replies or not. The feature does not allow for any more nuance than that. Only the built-in alerts system allows for such fine-grained control.

Back