Novice tuner, novice question(s)

United States
New York
StuckGamer
I am determined to get the Lotus Elise '11 driving just the way I like it, and I'm getting close, but one area that is killing me is the brakes.

Here is the problem: if I brake while turning, the front dives into the turn and the rear spins out. I figured it would be a matter of putting more brake bias on the rear, but that didn't do the trick.

I've been tinkering all morning with different brake levels and braking sensitivity, but I am thoroughly at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am determined to get the Lotus Elise '11 driving just the way I like it, and I'm getting close, but one area that is killing me is the brakes.

Here is the problem: if I brake while turning, the front dives into the turn and the rear spins out. I figured it would be a matter of putting more brake bias on the rear, but that didn't do the trick.

I've been tinkering all morning with different brake levels and braking sensitivity, but I am thoroughly at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try going the other direction with your brakes i.e. lower rear and higher front like 6 / 4, or 7 / 3.. adjust them to get balance right between braking, turning in and lifting off brakes..

Possibly raise your front dampers and lower rear damper, make them stronger than rear, this can help when braking..

Put rear camber to 0.0 if not already there..

After releasing brake, the LSD braking sensitivity will 'kick in', go higher for more stability / understeer, lower for more turn in / oversteer..

Hope this can help make it a little eeasier to drive..

One of the tricks to driving MR cars is to avoid braking while turning, the weight shift causes the heavier back end to swing round.

Try adjusting adjusting LSD Decel setting, higher numbers give more stability under braking and coasting.

One of the tricks to driving MR cars is to avoid braking while turning, the weight shift causes the heavier back end to swing round.

Ahh... this I did not know, but it makes sense now that you mention it. So on a course like Tsukuba Circuit, the Elise is just going to be a nightmare, no way around it.

I appreciate the advice nonetheless, it will help me with other tunes in the future.

Good suggestions already from those above. Just thought I would add that ballast might also help. Move a little to the front. To add to Highlander's suggestion for the LSD decel, you could go with numbers like 35 or even higher.

Latest Posts

Back