now 4 the real question

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 23 comments
  • 963 views
Messages
5,716
I know you guys like your FF steering wheels but....

given the chioce between a ds2 and straddling the wheel (having the wheel on yer lap), which is better?

does having the wheel on yer lap kinda ruin the whole experience 4 u?
:)

insert answers here \/
 
I guess I'd certainly take the DS2 over a wheel in the lap anyday...but seeing as I have a nice desk here which would nicely take a steering wheel, all I need now is the steering wheel...:(
 
I'll take the DS2 instead of the wheel on the lap any day, only did 2 laps of midfield with the force feedback on and had no shoulders/arms left at the end of the race

Im gonna get me a decent setup first before I bring the wheel out again
 
I love the DS2 to much to ever give it up for some damn wheel thingy.:D
 
Most guys are a lot smoother using the wheel than the DS2
 
I may not sound real smart here, but, what is a "DS2"? any help appreciated.
 
DS2= Dual Shock 2.:D
 
I'd love a wheel, but the DS2's not bad. Driving with a wheel is much smoother, for some people. I always tend to press the D-pad too hard and have to over-correct my steering input.

I don't think I'd use a wheel if I had to rest it on my lap. If we had big DIY stores where I live I would buy a wheel/pedals and build my own cockpit. That would be nice:lol:

chaser_fan
 
Originally posted by chaser_fan
I would buy a wheel/pedals and build my own cockpit. That would be nice:lol:

got wheel and pedals just need the cockpit:D
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
got wheel and pedals just need the cockpit:D

Well I got a PS2 and TV, all I need is a wheel and pedals...:irked:
 
consensus says.... no whell on lap! :)

looks like i am stuck with ds2 then,... nothin to arnchor a wheel too @ home.
 
I tried the Driving Force for like 20 minutes then returned it, not for me. DS2 is alot easier.

Is GT4 gonna be online?
 
Originally posted by ving
consensus says.... no whell on lap! :)

looks like i am stuck with ds2 then,... nothin to arnchor a wheel too @ home.

Just use your computer desk, move it into your rumpus room, and then move your computer stuff there, and voila, a place to hold your wheel...:)
 
Originally posted by ving
consensus says.... no whell on lap! :)

looks like i am stuck with ds2 then,... nothin to arnchor a wheel too @ home.
From my first experience with a wheel, I'll tell you that driving position is everything with the wheel. I first tried with it on my coffee table and ended up with horrible cramps in my legs from the funny position I needed to put my feet. After I got the Momo, I tried a different mounting setup that is a little better, but it's still tough.

Also, the wheels tend to be pretty stiff, so if it is not solidly mounted, your steering response is really reduced. I now have it mounted on a little TV-tray table, which is better than the coffee table for position, but still a little wobbly.

UB57 drives with the wheel in his lap I believe, and he's pretty damn quick, though!
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Most guys are a lot smoother using the wheel than the DS2
Nah, I definitely prefer DS2 - no friggin clutch on the wheel ruins it for me, and the steering is too light...
 
there is a cockpit that can be used for any steering wheel system. Its called the gameracer. Go to www.gameracer.co.uk. Im buying one of these, but its kinda pricy at around 190 mulas. gonna wait for the gt4 wheel to mount on it:D
 
Originally posted by SandStorm
Nah, I definitely prefer DS2 - no friggin clutch on the wheel ruins it for me, and the steering is too light...


with the "force" on or off?
 
Originally posted by driftingmonkey
there is a cockpit that can be used for any steering wheel system. Its called the gameracer. Go to www.gameracer.co.uk. Im buying one of these, but its kinda pricy at around 190 mulas. gonna wait for the gt4 wheel to mount on it:D

Link doesn't work:(
 
Originally posted by aaron_3719
I tried the Driving Force for like 20 minutes then returned it, not for me. DS2 is alot easier.

Is GT4 gonna be online?

Yes.
 
Back