- 11
80's Sports Car Challenge: I easily win the first two races with my turbo charged Miata and make my way to Seattle. At first glance I am encouraged, "Look at all those strait-a-ways!"
But then I actuall get on to the track. First, I gotta say, I should be dead: I hit the wall (dead on @ 135 mph) on one of those neat-o hair pin turns that come after a strait shot... fortunately the simulator doesn't go into that much detail. My first lap time is 23 seconds slower than the pole position, but I manage to make 4th place. So I decide to adopt a tried and true racing strategy, I'll hang behind the leader untill the end an make my move. Hell, my little Miata has some giddy up and go , I'll blow the Sprinter away on the final sprint.
My plan works flawlessly through the first lap and I managed to take the lead going into lap 2. I take it conservatively and maintain a lead for about 1/4 of the lap before the Sprinter takes the lead. No biggie, I'll just follow along and do what I did before.
However, I take that last turn too tight, so I have to slow waaaay down, giving my opponent a larger than expected lead. I hit the gas and begin to gain ground, the finish line is looming, my face is getting hot and my heart pounds... we are neck and neck... visions of my first perfect series are flashing in my head... FASTER! The finish is approaching!!
I loose by .018 of a second... If the finish line was place one freaking foot further...
I feel better now...I really needed to vent. Must try again...
But then I actuall get on to the track. First, I gotta say, I should be dead: I hit the wall (dead on @ 135 mph) on one of those neat-o hair pin turns that come after a strait shot... fortunately the simulator doesn't go into that much detail. My first lap time is 23 seconds slower than the pole position, but I manage to make 4th place. So I decide to adopt a tried and true racing strategy, I'll hang behind the leader untill the end an make my move. Hell, my little Miata has some giddy up and go , I'll blow the Sprinter away on the final sprint.
My plan works flawlessly through the first lap and I managed to take the lead going into lap 2. I take it conservatively and maintain a lead for about 1/4 of the lap before the Sprinter takes the lead. No biggie, I'll just follow along and do what I did before.
However, I take that last turn too tight, so I have to slow waaaay down, giving my opponent a larger than expected lead. I hit the gas and begin to gain ground, the finish line is looming, my face is getting hot and my heart pounds... we are neck and neck... visions of my first perfect series are flashing in my head... FASTER! The finish is approaching!!
I loose by .018 of a second... If the finish line was place one freaking foot further...
I feel better now...I really needed to vent. Must try again...