Now PD straight up lies "updates added new tracks"

  • Thread starter Thread starter TurismoBad
  • 19 comments
  • 1,561 views
Messages
1,240
Italy
Italy
If you haven't read it already here it is

___
GT6 is a PlayStation® 3 exclusive title just like GT5, and just like GT5 it continues to evolve through free updates that have been released since its first publishing at the end of 2013, introducing new cars and tracks as well as updating physics, improving user interfaces and adding extra features like the Data Logger.
___

There was no new tracks so this is a lie to get GT5 players to buy GT6. :grumpy:
 
If you haven't read it already here it is

___
GT6 is a PlayStation® 3 exclusive title just like GT5, and just like GT5 it continues to evolve through free updates that have been released since its first publishing at the end of 2013, introducing new cars and tracks as well as updating physics, improving user interfaces and adding extra features like the Data Logger.
___

There was no new tracks so this is a lie to get GT5 players to buy GT6. :grumpy:
Brands Hatch wasn't in GT5. Nor Bathurst...
 
Are they referring to vanilla GT6 or new tracks through updates?
 
Brands Hatch wasn't in GT5. Nor Bathurst...

And you would be right if they were talking about new tracks as compared to GT5. But in that quoted paragraph they quite clearly say new tracks through updates.
 
The manner in which its worded implies that updates have brought (or will bring) new tracks.

Exactly. The way it's worded it could be either.
If it was a semi colon after "....2013" you would have a point (as that would mean a separate and standalone point) however its not. As such the manner in which its written is a continuation in regard to update content from both a grammatical point of view and a content point of view.

Basically its a badly worded piece of marketing blurb that was not fact checked.
 
I want to say it was a slight mistranslation but knowing PD, it would be hard to tell...
 
The manner in which its worded implies that updates have brought (or will bring) new tracks.

Basically its a badly worded piece of marketing blurb that was not fact checked.

Maybe, but I don't think they meant it that way. I read it as GT6 is introducing the new tracks and cars etc and the bit before that as a separate part or point of the sentence. Or maybe they did mean to leave it slightly open to interpretation.

If it was a semi colon after "....2013" you would have a point (as that would mean a separate and standalone point) however its not. As such the manner in which its written is a continuation in regard to update content from both a grammatical point of view and a content point of view.
Quite right. I am eternally indebted to you my learned friend. 👍
 
So, we could get those 5 cars for free that are in GT6 anyway? zzzz

How about giving us the F1 cars in GT6 💡


Jerome
 
This is not the first time they've lied. Not even close.
But don't worry. They'll go bankrupt soon enough. Hopefully....
Don't think that will happen. Even in the case of project CARS and pc sims kicking their asses.
 
Don't think that will happen. Even in the case of project CARS and pc sims kicking their asses.

I think the worst part is that wishing a Company to go bankrupt, and by extension, a lot of people to lose their job, is an awful thing. But i'm just so immensely tired of PD's BS. Their complete lack of respect for their consumers is infuriating, as is their utter incompetence.

But we'll see. GT6 has done poorly in sales (relatively speaking), and suddenly, they're facing a lot of compitition. I honestly don't think they can keep going about this as they have in the past years.
 
I can smell it , the end of PD is coming ;). ! The Market always win, think one second of Kodak !!! They was acting like PD and they are not here anymore ! See you PD !!!
 
I think the worst part is that wishing a Company to go bankrupt, and by extension, a lot of people to lose their job, is an awful thing.

Meh. The good people will find employment elsewhere, and the world will be better for them being able to make good games instead of being trapped in a formulaic game design from the 90's.
 
As much as I tend to join in on the "rah rah burn it down" sentiment, the people who update the GT website not only most likely aren't a part of PD, but they probably don't even have direct access to the information as it comes out from them.
 
As much as I tend to join in on the "rah rah burn it down" sentiment, the people who update the GT website not only most likely aren't a part of PD, but they probably don't even have direct access to the information as it comes out from them.
Exactly. Pretty sure the official GT sites are updated by someone at Sony, who most likely doesn't know squat about GT.
 
So, we could get those 5 cars for free that are in GT6 anyway? zzzz

How about giving us the F1 cars in GT6 💡


Jerome
You would think PD should have gave us better cars for GT6 Jerome.
 
Master craftsmen/women work rather slowly putting obsessive level attention to detail. Hackers can blow some serious work out in short time cycles. I'd happily wait months to line up the "right" contractor to instill that skill you can only get from a third generation (insert trade here) to enhance your home, buisness life etc. Understandably it is frustrating to be deprived of quicker gratification in our modern easy access society(ies), though like a consumer of hand crafted scarcified artistries knows that finely detailed works can be time consuming but ultimatly worth while as hastily produced things tend to not be special. I want that dang track creator, & I want it yesterday; but I need it just right. So I'll sit politely in the lobby engaging fellow patrons with a smile on, Hoping very intently. Godspeed to PD.
 
Master craftsmen/women work rather slowly putting obsessive level attention to detail. Hackers can blow some serious work out in short time cycles. I'd happily wait months to line up the "right" contractor to instill that skill you can only get from a third generation (insert trade here) to enhance your home, buisness life etc. Understandably it is frustrating to be deprived of quicker gratification in our modern easy access society(ies), though like a consumer of hand crafted scarcified artistries knows that finely detailed works can be time consuming but ultimatly worth while as hastily produced things tend to not be special. I want that dang track creator, & I want it yesterday; but I need it just right. So I'll sit politely in the lobby engaging fellow patrons with a smile on, Hoping very intently. Godspeed to PD.

The thread isn't about speed. Nobody even mentioned with a word that PD is taking to long so I am not quite sure who you are addressing. It was rather about PD failing to deliver promised track DLC and still marketing the game as if they did.
 
Back