Now that it's offline - what GT5 version...

United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
Like the title states, now that GT5 is completely offline and has no risk of ruining anyone elses gameplay what is the best version for modding?

I'm so bored with GT6 right now I could gouge my eyeballs out with soup spoons.

So I figure maybe I'll spend a little time building some cool cars in GT5 and thought I would poke around to see what the best version is in peoples opinion for doing it.

Also, and I am pretty sure the answer is no, is there any way to hang on to the course maker tracks I've downloaded from others if I revert to an earlier version? My son still regularly plays GT5 for the mega jump track. He's 7 I'll give him a pass for now since he loves to giggle at the tumbling cars.

I'm finding accross the net that 2.11 may be the best one. Input? Anyone? Bueller?
Pretty much. You can hack in later updates below 2.15, but 2.11 is the best. It has the most options than the later updates in terms of hacking and the Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color! :D

Toscana.jpg

Also, and I am pretty sure the answer is no, is there any way to hang on to the course maker tracks I've downloaded from others if I revert to an earlier version?
Afraid not. Deleting the game data removes all the course maker tracks.

Edit: Reuploaded since I no longer need Photobucket.

Last edited:
Yes I have been having a lot of fun hacking on 2.11 I had a Tacoma X Runner with 39k HP and it's so much fun and I dan have dlc tracks

I'm going back to 2.11, if you're going to mod it really doesn't even matter if you have to start again with a new save because you can give yourself anything you want.

I'm also 2.11 and i had some fun drifting at Nurburgring GP/D with my 2008 Garaiya GT300 powered Sileighty as on my avatar :D

Back