Now that the 2018 FIA championships are almost over, what other championships would be good?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 2 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I think having more championships - to have both in-between FIA seasons and alongside them, so that players wouldn't solely have the option of competing in "the big one" - would be a great idea, since we both saw potential championships in beta footage, and there's a ton of motifs one could use for a championship. Some obvious ones would be to simply reinterpret the GT League events thus far as championships, meaning there would be a more notable N-Series restrictions for some championship-version events, and some cars could not be usable, like how some Gr.X or Gr.4 cars can be used in events meant for cars from a certain automaker. I also would say the N-Series restriction would need to be slightly changed for the championship version of some GT League events so that all the cars they'd invite would stay eligible - this especially applies to the Nissan GT-R Cup, wherein both N-Series versions of the R35 (the Premium and Nismo) cannot be tuned down enough to be within the N-Series that's listed in GT League.

As for some other GT League events being turned into championships, where multiple Gr.X cars are permitted, they could be one-make Gr.X events where each event is a different one-make, such as for the VGT Trophy events. So for one round, there'd be a one-make with the Daihatsu VGT, then another round that's a one-make with the Peugeot L500R VGT, etc. And the same could be done with the Nostalgia 1979 races, wherein there's a one-make round with the Jaguar XJ13, another with the Ferrari 330 P4, and so on.

I agree that some more competitive racing is needed.

There are plenty of mini championships against the A.I in GT League, but against other players if isn't the FiA stuff that only leaves lobbies.

So some official GT championships, maybe something that is run each day for a week, with the points systems used in motorsports, could work.

There could be a race every 4 hours, say 10 a.m, 2 p.m, 6 p.m, and 10 p.m, with free practice and qualifying proceeding each race by 45 minutes.

Points could be something like this:

1 point for fastest lap in race (once per day)

1 point for pole position (once per day)

25 points for race win (once per day)
20 for 2nd
18 for 3rd
15 for 4th
10 for 5th
6 for 6th
4 for 7th
3 for 8th
2 for 9th
1 for 10th

At the end of the week, your 7 race (or how ever many you finish) points would be added up.

All drivers scoring maximum points (7 fastest laps, 7 pole positions, 7 race wins) would win 2 million credits and 3,000 mileage, or something similar .

Then going down the points tally the prize lessens, obviously.

You could have 4 different championships running each day;

Gr.4
Gr.3
Over 600 bhp
Over 800 bhp (Vision)

Or something like that, and as you only have one race result count for your points you have to judge the best time to race so as to maximise your chance of a high point scoring race.

That way a player could theoretically enter 4 official GT championship races per day, and potentially end up winning all 4 in a week, giving them a huge credit boost.

I know credits aren't a great "prize" for those who have every car and still face unspent credits, so maybe you could win exclusive liveries or stickers that denote your race wins and titles?

Or rare paint colours...i don't know.

But clearly PD would need to lead from the front and make something unique for the winners.

Unfortunately, while they still add content, I don't see them undertaking something this involved.

Last edited:
Back