Now that the first season of Top Gear US is over...

  • Thread starter Thread starter porkchop87
  • 7 comments
  • 882 views

Final impressions of season 1?

  • At first I hated it, but now I like it.

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • At first I hated it, and still dislike it.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At first I liked it, but now I dislike it.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At first I liked it, and still like it.

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I've yet to even bother watching an episode.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indifferent/Other.

    Votes: 3 30.0%

  • Total voters
    10
Messages
306
Messages
porkchop_7
Now that the first season of Top Gear America is over, and they've been picked up for a second season... What were your final impressions of the show?

You know, I have the admit, in the beginning I barely gave this show a chance but now it has grown on me and after seeing all 10 episodes, I'm looking forward to next season. While Wood is sometimes unbearable, I found Tanner and Adam to be pretty entertaining...

Also, the first few episodes had some pretty bad acting and awkward dialogue exchanges, but now it seems to be clicking and it seems more natural like the UK version of the show.
 
It's okay. Not nearly as good as the UK version.

The most recent episodes are still on my DVR. Who ended up winning the celebrity time challenge in the Suzuki? (Put the answer in spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet!)
 
I thought it was okay in the beginning, but it's been getting better. The big problem I saw was that there was a challenge like every other episode. They might run a bit out of steam for the second season.
 
Based on the 1 1/2 episodes I've seen it was decent.

I would say for the second season they need to do some more original challenges, too many of the ones they did(ok, heard they did) were basically clones of the UK version only with different cars(most notably the GM episode).
 
I agree that it is nowhere near the BBC version... it is better than the Aussie version. For the first season about half the episodes were good, and it all depended on the challenge/race they were doing that week. The ones I enjoyed were...
1. The car dealership one was funny
2. The Ferrari race to vegas was good
3. The race to key west was pretty good too

There were a few other decent ones and then there were a few bad ones, but as long as they can keep coming up with decent challenges... ill keep watching. Hopefully they keep it so TG USA and TG UK are on at different times of the year so I can get a TG fix for a longer part of the year.
 
1. The car dealership one was funny
2. The Ferrari race to vegas was good
3. The race to key west was pretty good too

Strangely enough, those were my favourites, but I also liked the last episode with the challenge to find out the best American truck in their trek in Alaska...
 
Back