Now what?

• Thread starter bigmull
  • 10 comments
England
England
So i now have over 400 cars,99% of them wont get used.I have millions of credits worth of Legendary cars again most wont get used as there are next to races for the Classics.I dont ask for much,but true Endurance races where you can use the Classic cars against other classic cars really need to added.At least allow the option for them in the custom race with a save progress option and a decent payout.TBH i would be happy to do a full 24 Hrs Le Mans with Classic cars and no payout(as long as i can save progress).We had full Endurance races in previous versions of GT,so why not GT7?

So i now have over 400 cars,99% of them wont get used.I have millions of credits worth of Legendary cars again most wont get used as there are next to races for the Classics.I dont ask for much,but true Endurance races where you can use the Classic cars against other classic cars really need to added.At least allow the option for them in the custom race with a save progress option and a decent payout.TBH i would be happy to do a full 24 Hrs Le Mans with Classic cars and no payout(as long as i can save progress).We had full Endurance races in previous versions of GT,so why not GT7?
Yeah, be good too have 2hr 6hr 12hr and 24hr races available, fed up Bathurst gets no endurance love, With some Aussie touring cars or bring back the Ford Falcon from earlier Gt's :), still no save option for custom longer races, thought that be a given since it was in previous games. As you say once you have everything and completed the races, it's pretty much end of the single player game until the next update and as we know from everyother update, Not much gets added.

Last edited:
Make custom races.

I only lack 8 cars. I really have used all of them. You can always find something creative to try. I've applied a "style" to every one of them and had each car earn enough credits to pay for its mid to high level tune. The 700 turbo races cover a lot of cars.

Yes but there is no way to save your progress,so its not much use making a 24 hour race.
Can't save progress but you can save up to 30 race set ups. If you want, you can save a screen shot and rearrange your grid by finishing order. There are definitely a host of "cant's", but there are "cans".

• You can use your classics cars against other classic cars.
  • You can have the AI run multiples of the same car, if you don't have duplicates
  • You can assign the AI real names of drivers
  • You can replicate races at real world locations, available in this game
  • You can set time and weather conditions at tracks with those features; set multipliers for time, weather, tyre & fuel
  • You can sit back, watch and enjoy your replays when done

You typed you're not asking for much, but you can choose to enjoy what you have in your garage, until PD decide what they want to do. Just suggesting to make your own joy in the mean time.

The Custom Races have saved the game for me. I started with GT7 in July with no prior experience with the GT series. I’m not a collector and have no desire to have all the cars.

I’m a race car fan, so I find it nice that I can create some race cars and try to assemble some class-specific cars and grids.

Many thanks to all here that have shared tips and advice.

but there is no way to save your progress
As a work around can't you use your PlayStation's rest mode?

If you have the option to save the current game state set, you can then (during the race) press pause, enter rest mode and send your PlayStation 'to sleep'. Now, as long you don't unplug it from the mains, when you switch it back on it will resume in exactly the same state as you left it, unpause the game and continue the race. Repeat as necessary.
Not entirely ideal, but it might serve your purpose.

I haven't got GT7 so I can't test this, but it works with every other game I've tried.

Make custom races.
Hopefully someday the credit payouts will be increased to a point where custom races can be used to actually progress in the game. And maybe we can also get the AI to use more than ~95% throttle.

Custom races are so close to being right, but decisions were made that only seem to hold them back.

This is what I spend most of my time in the game doing now, but having AI that is fairly slow until they start setting lap times 10 seconds faster than me right at the end really dampens the experience.

Hopefully someday the credit payouts will be increased to a point where custom races can be used to actually progress in the game. And maybe we can also get the AI to use more than ~95% throttle.

Custom races are so close to being right, but decisions were made that only seem to hold them back.

This is what I spend most of my time in the game doing now, but having AI that is fairly slow until they start setting lap times 10 seconds faster than me right at the end really dampens the experience.
Agreed. One of the best races I had was in Custom Race Group C at Nordschleife. Was really intense until at the end where the leader, who was 30 seconds ahead of me on the last sector, slowed down to a crawl to the point where I managed to pass him just before the finish line. It shouldn't have been possible even in World Circuits (if I screwed up somewhere and couldn't catch up).

Back