Nsx-r lm gt2......

• Thread starter bobrieno
  • 16 comments
NYU-POLY
For so long, I have experimented with this car. I have always seen in many forums that the MR drivetrain is one of the best handling drivetrains. I have never, under any setup, been able to drive a lap in this car without spinout or something going wrong.

I was wondering if anybody had any tuning specs I could use for this car. I know how sensitive ppl are with this info, but I have Concept Car specs if anybody would like to try in exchange. With these specs, I lapped Grand Valley in 1:25:943.....is this impressive or not? (I really don't know)

Anyways, hit me back with suggestions please. I would like to try an endurance race in this car, but I want to be sure I can control it. Thanks in advance.

Ha! Soon as I saw the name of this thread, I had a feeling what its subject matter might be. :)

Yea the NSX is one of the most difficult cars to drive in GT1, period. I remember it being damn-near impossible to drive the GV 300KM for instance because it's so difficult and wants to spin all the time (even after extensive tuning), and the funny thing is NSXes are much more compliant (yet still challenging) in later GTs.

You might wanna try a mis-match of tires (softer in the rear) which I think the GT driving manual actually encourages. But other than that I don't have any specific stats, sorry. But we've all "been there" with this car. They're tough to handle.

Last edited:
OMFG!!!!

I think I have solved the car's handling problems. Now if it could be slightly faster, it shall be considered one of the true elite GT cars. I shall reveal my current settings:

SUSPENSION

Spring Rate: 10.0 / 8.5
Ride Height: 90 / 90
Damper: 7 / 7
Camber: 1.2 / 1.5
Stabilizer: 5 / 5
Brakes: 7 / 7

GEAR RATIOS

1st: 3.300
2nd: 1.958
3rd: 1.397
4th: 1.105
5th: 0.882
6th: 0.710
Fin: 5.000

DOWNFORCE

Front: 0.57
Rear: 1.01

Try this bastard out and suggest some tweeks for speed/acceleration please.....and try not to sacrifice the wonderful handling. My best lap around trial mountain in this is currently a respectable 1:13.547. No spinouts!!! This is great!

Last edited:
Anybody have feedback? What do you think of the changes?

I just tested the stock NSX LM and did 1'16.xxx Trial Mountain.
Racing Soft/Soft Alot of 2 wheel sideways bounsing :lol:

With your setup I did 1'20 something and 1'16 with hard-soft

I can see a 1'13 possible with the setup you made.

Now here's a tune I spent the last 3 hours creating:
(It's not perfect , but it's driveable)

[R]NSX-R LM GT2 (TT)

Trial Mountain 1'09.xxx
(gears 2-5)
Grand Valley Speedway 1'32.xxx
(gears 2-6)

Suspension

Spring Rate: 7.6 / 8.5
Ride Height: 90 / 90
Damper: 5 / 5
Camber: 1.3 / 1.7
Stabilizer: 3 / 3
Brakes: 4 / 6

Gears

1st: 3.657
2nd: 2.394
3rd: 1.780
4th: 1.414
5th: 1.179
6th: 1.000
Final: 3.342

(shift up at 8000-8250 rpm)

Downforce

Front: 0.82
Rear: 1.01

Tyres Racing Hard/Soft

The car has a turbo , go figure.

MadMax

Last edited:
Thank you MadMax for the input.

Very nice as well. A different feel than my setup, but still drivable.

With my setup, it seems that the key is to brake and turn. With yours, release the gas and turn. I think you balanced the oversteer to make this a great drifter.

I appreciate your input :) Nice setup!

Last edited:
I think I have solved the car's handling problems. Now if it could be slightly faster, it shall be considered one of the true elite GT cars. I shall reveal my current settings:

I wish I had seen this thread a little sooner I would have posted my test car here instead of where I posted it. Oh well, If you want more speed out of the NSX try the one I built that is if you can figure out how to keep it on the track that is. If you set the final of my test car at 3.55 to 1 you will hit the top gear right at the 400m mark from a standing start on the test track. Here is the link to the post GT NSX S Zero Elite LM Let me know how it comes out.

Here's my version. I tend to need "forgiving" setups on my cars. Although this car will never be very forgiving no matter what you do to it. I recall even more extreme setups for NSXs in the Hard Tuned series. The special model is somewhat tame compared to the new or used NSXs, tuned or race-modified.

[R]NSX-R LM GT2 (TT)
Grand Valley Speedway 1'34.219 (fastest lap in 300 race; I've never been a great driver)

Suspension

Spring Rate: 8.4 / 6.4
Ride Height: 96 / 96
Damper: 5 / 5
Camber: 1.0 / 1.2
Stabilizer: 5 / 5
Brakes: 12 / 9

Gears

1st: 3.400
2nd: 2.160
3rd: 1.559
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.875
Final: 3.700

Downforce

Front: 0.76 (not max)
Rear: 1.01 (max)

Tyres Racing Soft/Soft

P.S. The MR layout is not the best handling drivetrain in any [size=+1]GT[/size] game. Perhaps the forums were talking about real life?

Kuyong_Chuin , what times did you do at 400m and 1000m?

MadMax

Hybrid-Time-Test-NSX.jpg

Easier this way than retyping it all. :) P.S. All the above times are with automatic transmission. My shoulder buttons on my controller are toast so I can't use manual shift. :(

Last edited:
You can actually win the Sunday Cup even if you do come off the track several times each race.

Latest Posts

Back