Number in bottom right is orange and car only coasts no matter

• Thread starter randys
  • 3 comments
where I am , what race, anything.

What did I do wrong???

If I am in free play, career or multiplayer, the number in the bottom right, whatever it is for is orange I think and the car goes 30 mph or whatever and no faster.

Multiple cars and tracks and this happens to me everywhere now.

If you exceed the requirements of a race, I dont know how I know that, either.

FIGURED out I have somehow switched from automatic transmission to manual, I will try figure out how to reverse that, sigh. Found it, 5 minutes of looking, or 10 , but found it, might be too old to learn a new game, I was afraid of this.

PROBLEM solved, and now I need to learn how to know what the requirements are of a race, what I can and cant change on the car and if it will allow me to make the changes then not let me race or what, will have to learn this from scratch.

Last edited:
Best thing to do is choose a race from the selection available. The game will then list what cars you currently own which can participate in said races, AND it will automatically upgrade that car, where applicable, to ensure you are competitive.
If you have no cars owned, you can choose to buy one - this option will be presented to you, also where applicable.

You can happily complete the entire game without once ever visiting the upgrade or tuning section. The game will automatically configure all your cars to ensure they are competitive any time you want to enter a race.

Best thing to do is choose a race from the selection available. The game will then list what cars you currently own which can participate in said races, AND it will automatically upgrade that car, where applicable, to ensure you are competitive.
If you have no cars owned, you can choose to buy one - this option will be presented to you, also where applicable.

You can happily complete the entire game without once ever visiting the upgrade or tuning section. The game will automatically configure all your cars to ensure they are competitive any time you want to enter a race.
Are the cars in the 1-5 tiers the same when you go to buy a car, are ALL cars the game has in the tiers? Doesnt seem like it.

Thanks

I have 500 cars in GT6 and assumed a similar number would be here, but obviously the tiers have a fraction of that. Am I not seeing all of the cars in a given tier on that screen, does it page over on the right or something? I will check next time I have it up.

Last edited:
Back