Number of active users?

• Thread starter Fastcarguy
  • 10 comments
United States
Massachusetts
CreamyNute11a
I was just wondering what percent of accounts are still active. I was looking at the birthdays of members a while ago and I noticed that most of them made zero - two posts and then disappeared, like this guy
Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 9.40.03 AM.png

Is this a number that is tracked? What number of users have logged on in the past week or month? @Jordan

Last edited:
I was just wondering what percent of accounts are still active. I was looking at the birthdays of members a while ago and I noticed that most of them made zero - two posts and then disappeared, like this guy
View attachment 545910
Is this a number that is tracked?
I just took this screenshot before I started typing this.
Screenshot_2016-05-13-09-33-50.png
Down below in the picture it states 257 members, 539 guests and 101 robots.

I am not sure about how many members have been signed in within a certain time limit though. That would be a question for Jordan.

I am not sure about how many members have been signed in within a certain time limit though. That would be a question for Jordan.

I think it counts you as online if you've been active in the previous 30 minutes, so it's not very indicative of overall activity. I could be wrong on the time though.

Isn't OP asking how many open accounts there are which are still "active", followed by the unique member login totals for the last week or month?

Isn't OP asking how many open accounts there are which are still "active", followed by the unique member login totals for the last week or month?
Yes, I believe that is what he means. In which I stated...

There were 54,000 accounts active last month, so approximately 21%. That number fluctuates with game releases, of course. We had 124,000 accounts active when GT6 was released, which I presume was something over 50% at the time.

That's slightly above average for online social platforms:

GWIInfographicActiveUsage.jpg

Wow, I never thought we'd hit 50% membership when there's a new release; while there's a few old timers which come out of the woodwork (or just lurk) around those times, that's a pretty good rate of return for what is essentially a semi-specialized forum. I would have guessed 20-25%, with many others or switching to another genre of games, giving up on gaming as they get older, or just getting bored and/or disinterested.

That myspace though... :eek:

MySpace usage has increased by 75% in the past year...did they pass out free beer coupons?

54d43127da477_-_discostu2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm one of those old time lurker types :) I think I go back to 2001 on here (I guess I could look, but I'm lazy). Now, 48 and still trying to get my way around GT and other racers. I doubt I'll ever be able to do the amount of real racing my dad did, so I guess gaming is it for me.

I'm glad Jordan has kept the site, with help of others of course, for so many years. This site was always fun to check out back in the day on the old dial up modem, and it's even better to do this day.

Great usage of Disco Stu, Pupik :)

Wow, I never thought we'd hit 50% membership when there's a new release; while there's a few old timers which come out of the woodwork (or just lurk) around those times, that's a pretty good rate of return for what is essentially a semi-specialized forum. I would have guessed 20-25%, with many others or switching to another genre of games, giving up on gaming as they get older, or just getting bored and/or disinterested.

MySpace usage has increased by 75% in the past year...did they pass out free beer coupons?

54d43127da477_-_discostu2.jpg

Back