Number of cars in garage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RacingFreak2k3
  • 24 comments
  • 1,262 views
Messages
1,252
Messages
Gottcha
In GT2 there are over 600 cars or so, and it only fits 100 cars with one memory card. In GT3, there was enough to fit every car in the garage plus some extras. For GT4...since there is supposed to be more cars than in any other series of GT so far....do u think PD will make a garage so that you can fit all the cars plus some extras in GT4? I know this will be answered before or when the game comes out, but I was just wondering what everyone else thinks.
 
I'd imagine it'd still be 200 cars like in GT3

Maybe they'll give us an option for a larger garage for more mem card space?
 
I would have to hope that they would let you hold all of them plus some extas at the expense of more memory.
 
well maybe they will find a more efficent way to do things in gt4. hopefully.
 
Yes I'm hoping they will also find an efficient way to get all the cars in the garage...because one of my goals in the GT series is to try to get all the cars in the game...just for the heck of it....but it's nice to have them all in your garage.
 
this already the hmmm 40th thread with this topic but ok, i'll tell it again. in the PU mag is stated (from a interview with yamauchi) that there are about 500 cars included. some historical cars from the 30ies, unlockable f1 cars, musclecars, 70/80ies cars, and ofcourse the 2nd hands from the 90ies, the y2k's and ofcourse the concepts.
 
I hope it's only like 100, if everyone had 200-300 cars, then everyone would be in EVERY race, I don't want that..-.-;;
 
Well, I hope you can fit at least 200 cars in the garage, because in GT3, My garage became full.
 
Thanks for reviving a thread that is over a year old. Annoying, but at least common sense do it instead of spam and create a new topic.
 
I think you will be able to hold around 500. You should be able to have a slot for each car in the game.
 
Who cares? Why do you need 200 cars in your garage? It looks like the gamer is insufficient, not the PS2 memory card.
 
Don't forget that PD has the PS HDD in mind also when they r making GT4. There might be a good chance for players to save cars onto that. They've already talked about downloading new cars onto the hard drive.
 
It's amazing in just one year since this thread was revived how peoples expectations are raised. If you can store your cars on the HDD hell give me em all.
Technology and progress....exiting. :)
 
PD confirmed that the HDD is compatible with GT4. My guess is that you can fit 200 cars on your 8mb card or, fit all 500+ of them in your good ol' hard drive. This would then boost Sony's sales of the HDD. Ahh, nothing like some good marketing...
 
Yeah PD will probably enable you to hold about 500 or maybe they'll have seperate garages. For example exotics, sports car, muscle car, mini, etc. 💡
 
I doubt that the garages will be separated into different type of cars... They should just use GT3's garage system.
 
Yep I doubt thery'll do that too it makes less sence than heving a sorting system lik ein GT3, but I'd like to be able to have a custom system in place too where you choose how the cars are arranged but that would have to be saved onto the memory card too because you could spen a while sorting out a full garage, a sorting system pre-selectted or custom is a must, it to help me find a certain car in GT3, lets face it if we do have 500 cars in the garage you'll spend more time looking for a specific car than racing.
 
live4speed
Yep I doubt thery'll do that too it makes less sence than heving a sorting system lik ein GT3, but I'd like to be able to have a custom system in place too where you choose how the cars are arranged but that would have to be saved onto the memory card too because you could spen a while sorting out a full garage, a sorting system pre-selectted or custom is a must, it to help me find a certain car in GT3, lets face it if we do have 500 cars in the garage you'll spend more time looking for a specific car than racing.

On the other hand there could be some sort of listing structure so it will be easier to find your car. i.e. if you want a race car it just shows all race cars...
 
I never could understand why you could fit so little cars on the memorycard. I would think that the only thing they would have to save is some variables, which could be saved in a text file, no greater than 1kB for each car (or only a few bytes with higher compression). Along with some other statistics in the game itself that have to be saved, the filesize should not be that great. Is it the efficiency, or the inefficiency of the saving system?
 
basje_1
On the other hand there could be some sort of listing structure so it will be easier to find your car. i.e. if you want a race car it just shows all race cars...
Thats one example of what I'm talking about, in GT3 you can list your cars by name, manufacturer, bhp ect. In GT4 they should have all that and more and you should have a choice to list them in a custom order and you should be able to save the settings.
 
Dev_Zero
I never could understand why you could fit so little cars on the memorycard. I would think that the only thing they would have to save is some variables, which could be saved in a text file, no greater than 1kB for each car (or only a few bytes with higher compression). Along with some other statistics in the game itself that have to be saved, the filesize should not be that great. Is it the efficiency, or the inefficiency of the saving system?

Custom piant jobs would really put a damper on that. I would rather have it sorted by manufacturor, though with all the nissan's that may not even be enough.
 
I don't need to be able to store ALL the cars. There's going to be a ton I won't even bother driving, just like in past GT games. A lot of those boring econoboxes don't do a thing for me.
 
Back