Nura Headphones - Adapts to your ears to produce the perfect sound

• Thread starter AOS-
  • 2 comments

AOS-

Premium
Canada
'Sauga, ON
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-ads.com&utm_campaign=CB&utm_content=Nura-CB2

Australia's most backed Kickstarter campaign.

We all have different hearing profiles; meaning our ears hear different frequencies more prominently than others, and this affects our personal experience of what the musical artist intended for his/her audience to hear. The Nura headphones knows to calibrate itself to make sure you can hear all the intended sounds by the artist.

a5ff57da014aa4770a1bb10f5a921ef8_original.gif

908a0f8bc26788e8bb65f4d9a46575f5_original.gif

By physical feat alone, this uses both in-ear buds and over-ear cups. The in-ear produces the higher notes and the over-ear drivers deliver the bass. The idea behind this is so that the bass doesn't muddy out the high tones.

f0b35edfe9a513024c88a204ccd9a40f_original.jpeg

Some years ago, I promised myself to stop buying headphones after I bought the Sony XB700s even though I did eventually want to try something like AKG or Grado, but I'm now interested in this.

It's expected retail is $399 (presumably AUD or USD), and the only options available now are acquiring the headphones for $219 or 249.

Your thoughts on the tech? Is this new to you? Impressed? Unimpressed? Do you think this is ground breaking or is a bunch of baloney?

My first thought? They don't look comfy (even though the Kickstarter page says they are, but eh...).

I'm not a bona fide audiophile, so I might have a different set of priorities, but... No matter how good the sound is, I won't be able to relax and enjoy the music unless the headphones are quite comfy. I obviously don't know what they're like to wear - it's just a gut feeling really (and I generally don't like ear buds all that much. I just tolerate them because they've got a certain practicability to them when you're on the move). Buying $400 headphones without wearing them first isn't something I'd do, though, period. Which goes twice for something that sports an unconventional design...

On a secondary note, I kinda have a hard time believing that 99.9% of the population wouldn't be served well enough, in terms of audio quality, by a set of AT M50s that cost, what, $160? :lol:

As for the tech itself... Well, the feedback system they're using to calibrate the headset sounds mighty impressive indeed, especially in the context of consumer electronics. I'll believe that a system like that can deliver a better acoustic experience than conventional headphones - but $200+ better than some of the greats we got already?

Dunno. As I said, I'm unlikely to be part of the target audience, so I guess someone who's going to plug them into a $1000 record player might be far more relevant :lol:

Sounds interesting, but I am skeptical. Could very well be a bunch of gimmicky hogwash.

Back