Nurburgring 10 minute challenge

• Thread starter pxlbluejay
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
I doubt many of you guys are still around playing GT4 on your PS2 during quarantine but I sure am. I came up with this challenge: Do a lap around the Nurb in less than 10 minutes with the minimum amount of horsepower. There will be 3 sections.

Section 1: Street Cars(Stock)
Rules are:
1. Street legal cars only. No race cars.
2. No modifications other than Car Wash, Oil Change, and Rims(not that this matters), and chassis refresh
3. No driving aids.
4. No cutting corners or otherwise cheating.

Section 2: Street Cars(Modified)
Rules:
1. All rules listed above applies except for rule 2. Any modifications possible.

Section 3: Race Cars
Rules are same as Section 2.
Since there is no way to know you followed the rules, I will trust you guys to follow them.
To prevent confusion, the power of the cars will be measured in HP(horsepower), and nothing else.
Keep in mind that you are trying to achieve a lap in the minimum amount of horsepower, not the fastest lap. If someone does a 9'30 lap in a 100hp and someone else does a 9'59 lap in a 64hp car, the latter will win.

For now, I've done a 9'58.605 on a stock, 70hp Honda S800. 9'10.972 in a Honda S500 with a Stage 1 Turbo, nitrous, triple plate clutch, racing flywheel, r3 tires, stage 3 weight reduction with 61hp iirc. And my race car time is with a stock S800 race car with absolutely nothing(100hp) was 9'31.203.

Remember that this is a game for you guys to have fun. Nothing competitive. So have fun!

Last edited:
Okay. So my final entries(for now) will be...
Section 1: Honda S800(70hp): 9'58.605
Section 2: Honda S500 with Racing Super Soft, Nitrous@70, FC Transmission@5, Triple Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel(47hp): 9'27.233
Section 3: Honda S800 RSC Race Car with Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Racing Super Soft, Nitrous@70(100hp): 9'28.371
These are runs with mistakes, and if I see some competition, maybe I'll try a bit harder:)

Last edited:
Good point. It is hard to do a lap in time with the uphills in the ring(which slows down low powered cars a lot) I still have 27 seconds to spare in the Cappuccino, and I'm sure everyone else could as well. Goodbye nitrous!

Yep... it sure does... guess I just didn’t like the cars listed so I selected my own lol !
I don't think you exactly understood what this challenge is; you're trying to lap the 'Ring in under 10 minutes with the least amount of horsepower, not a 470 horsepower German supercar xd!
The list is just the cars that I used. You can choose whatever you want, as long as it's less powerful that what I picked, if you want to compete in the challenge. It's a competition!

Back