Nurburgring 150 - Endurance Kart RaceOpen 

United States
FL, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Milky Way
TeamACRZARacingo
GyroxOpex
Hi all, welcome to the official thread for the Nurburgring 150! As the title says, this is going to be a 150-mile endurance race on the Nurburgring 24h layout. Are you the best kart racer on GTPlanet? It's time to find out!

About the race
  • The kart used will be the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter.
  • TCS, active steering, SRF, and the driving line will be disabled.
  • Tire wear and fuel consumption will be set to normal.
  • Boost will be set to off.
  • Mechanical damage will be set to heavy.
  • Grip reduction will be set to real.
  • Penalties will be set to weak.
  • Visible damage will be on.
  • Slipstream strength will be set to real.
  • The start type will be set to Standing Start.
  • A formation lap will be observed.
  • The race will be 11 laps, including the formation lap.
  • Vehicle tuning will be set to no limit.

Rules of conduct
  • MODIFIED GAME SAVES ARE STRICTLY DISALLOWED.
  • This is going to be a CLEAN race. If you're a dirty driver, don't even bother signing up.
  • The field will be limited to 15 karts instead of the usual 16, as I will be moderating the room to make sure everything stays fair.

To sign up:

• Post here indicating that you're interested
  • Friend me on PSN (TeamACZRARacingo)

Race weekend
The race weekend will take place over a period of four days, from Wednesday, March 19th, to Saturday, March 22nd. Official private practice sessions will be held on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 5:00pm EST to 7:00pm EST. Qualifying and the race will be held on Saturday, with qualifying taking place at 5:00pm EST and the race at 6:00pm EST.

Qualifying procedure
Qualifying will use a knockout-style system similar to F1 and NASCAR, however there will be differences. Instead of the normal knockout procedure, a series of four races will be held on the Nurburgring GP course. The first race will be 10 laps. The last 5 karts to finish will have their positions locked based on where they finished in the race, and will not move on to the second race. The second race will be 7 laps, and again, the last five karts to finish will have their positions locked based on finishing order. Race #3 will be 3 laps long, and instead of the top 5 positions being locked in this race, only positions 3 and 4 will be locked. In the final, 2-lap sprint, the two drivers on the front row will go at it to see who gets the pole.

So, just to clarify:

• In Race 1, positions 10-15 will be determined based on where they finished (so if John D. finished 13th in race 1, he'd start 13th in the race)
  • In Race 2, positions 5-9 will be determined based on where they finished (so if John D. finished 9th in this race, that would be his starting place)
  • In Race 3, positions 3 and 4 will be determined based on where they finished
  • Race 4 will be a battle to see who gets the pole.
Race procedure
Once the race starts, the field will observe a formation lap at no more than 70 miles per hour. During this time, drivers are allowed to drop back and heat their tires up if they so choose. Towards the halfway point of the lap, I will call out the qualifying results, and drivers will be required to
take up their starting position when I call it out. The start will be a double-file rolling start, so drivers will be required to go double-file on the long straightaway towards the end of the Nordschleife. Drivers whose starting positions are even-numbered will be on the right-hand side of the track, while those whose positions are odd-numbered will be on the left. Just in case I failed to explain that well, here's a diagram of what the grid should look like:

1st 2nd
3rd 4th
5th 6th
7th 8th
9th 10th
11th 12th
13th 14th
15th

NOTE: The polesitter gets lane choice, so if they want they can swap places with 2nd.

Once the race starts, if at any point you spin, simply say or type "spin," and I will investigate the situation and see if it's serious enough to warrant a caution. If it is, then I will say "caution," and the field will be required to slow down to 70mph until those involved in the accident as well as any other karts behind the leader catch up. Once everyone is caught up, I'll say, "green flag," and racing can resume.

-----

So that's it! If you have any questions, please feel free to post them below and I'll try to answer. See you guys around!

Back