Nurburgring 24H starting grid

  • Thread starter Thread starter crowhop
  • 13 comments
  • 3,343 views
Messages
2,621
United States
Upstate SC, USA
Messages
GTP_crowhop
I am almost to level 40 A-Spec and I have begun scouting cars to see what I want to use when I race it. I've been starting races in B-Spec over and over to see the possible variations in competition.

First thing I notice...often times half the field is made up of LMP's. Why are there LMP's in the field to begin with? I was hoping to use a GT class car, but doesn't look like it would be doable. I didn't think LMP's raced in that race. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Next is the common appearance of the Toyota 7 Race Car '70. Good car. But it doesn't have headlights. For a 24 hour race. At Nurburgring...

Having the same field with an Audi R8 LMP and a Blitz Skyline seems very, very odd.
 
Really? I hope the 24H of Le Mans has half LMP & half GT, but why does this one have that? Odd.
 
Le Mans is right at 50/50, usually...LMP/GT.
 
Le Mans is right at 50/50, usually...LMP/GT.

Good! Now all they need to do is have separate class prizes.
 
you know what would be really cool? if at the start of the Le Mans 24h, they had an animation of the drivers running into their cars like they use to do in the real Le Mans.
 
LMPs are horrible on the Nordschleife. They just aren't made for each other. On La Sarthe they're great though. GTs would have been a lot more fun on the Ring.
 
I find the GT-One to be a nice car for the Ring. I haven't tried all the LMPs yet, but so for GT-One for me works best on the Ring. It is still difficult, but doable with it.
 
It's possible to get the Audi R10 TDI as the quickest opponent. The Peugeot 905 will be in this set too, but the Peugeot is slower due to pit strategy. Those opponents are pretty weak so I think you could use a non-LMP. I got those opponents always on the fist time to load the race, but it never came back when reloading. Quitting the game and loading again brought it back.
 
LMPs are horrible on the Nordschleife. They just aren't made for each other. On La Sarthe they're great though. GTs would have been a lot more fun on the Ring.

I agree, was pretty disappointed once I found out they made it with LMPs.
In GT4 they got it right, dunno why they made this mistake in 5.

Would've loved to compete with one of the RM cars, which look a lot like the privateer race cars from the real event.
 
Vinura
you know what would be really cool? if at the start of the Le Mans 24h, they had an animation of the drivers running into their cars like they use to do in the real Le Mans.

They haven't ran to the cars at le mans for ages, health and safety reasons I think!
 
They haven't ran to the cars at le mans for ages, health and safety reasons I think!

Yeah, drivers were getting killed in accidents because they weren't taking the time to do up their harnesses/belts properly, too keen to get going. It was changed in 1970 where they were already strapped in, then in 71 they switched to the rolling start used ever since.
 
Honestly, Kazunori raced Nurburgring himself, he should know which cars to put on the starting grid of the 24 hours of Nurburgring.

I'm just tired of seeing Toyota 7 Race car, and i believe 3 or 4 of the endurance races have the same cars, ALL THE TIME.

So, is it so hard to make a "non-stupid" setup for each race, or maybe when you are doing some random races on arcade mode, couldn't they choose your oponents based on which car you picked in the first place?

Somethings just have to be fixed.
 
I'm not 40 yet but hell LMp's in the 24h ring race? It's a shame you can't use all those GT cars or the Lexus RM (near same as the one that Kaz drove):/
 
If I can race and win in a Chaparral 2D on the 24H Nur', you can do it in a GT500 racer.
 
Back