Grid:
1. Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
2. Jaguar XKR R-Performance '02
3. Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
4. Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport '96
5. Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
6. Nissan Silvia Spec R AERO '99

Lap 1
Easily overtook every one during the first three or four minutes, then made a critical mistake which landed me in last place and about 10 or 12 seconds behind the leader.

Lap 3
Entering third lap in second place, 10.001 second behind the XKR.

Lap 5
Pitted, no fuel, S1/S2.

Lap 6
RX8, Mustang, and Camara have pitted, but it looks like the XKR missed it. He was messing up on the last part of the track where I gained about 25 seconds on him. Crossing the line into the 6th lap I am 11 seconds behind him, with the Grand Sport right on him. I passed the XKR for the first time this race while he power slid around the Aremberg, taking second place. Overtook the Grand Sport around the Pflanzgarten. Entering the 7th lap with 50 minutes and 20 seconds done. The Grand Sport, who was in second, and the XKR, who was in last, make their first pitspots.

Lap 9
I thought I'd do one extra lap, one thing I didn't look at was my gas indicator. I'm 2 minutes and 30 seconds in and I have two red bars on my gas indicator... I have to take almost every corner at 40 or 50mph. Geez.

Lap 10
Oh God that was horrible. The RX8 behind me, went from 40 seconds behind to 1 second ahead of me. Still made it with two red bars though. I can now turn again! Yay!

Lap 13
I was trailing the Grand Sport pretty much the whole lap. Times were looking bleak. I'm not sure how I'm going to win this with my messed up pit schedule.

Lap 14/1hour 50minutes
Just got out of the pit, RX8 is 8 seconds ahead. Time to get some food.

Lap 15
RX8 was leading by about 8 seconds on the final straight, but then he wrecked just outside the pitstop. By the time I passed into the 15th lap I was +2 seconds on him.

Lap 18
Pitted. Grand Sport got ahead of me, I thought he was going to come into the pit as well. I guess he wants to take the chance to drive around with bad tires.

Lap 19
The Grand Sport has pitted, but the RX8 is only 8 seconds behind me now. Still 1.5 hours remain.

Lap 21
It seems the RX8 has missed his pit. He's way, way far in the pack now. The closest to me is now the Grand Sport at 24 seconds behind. It seems that my oil indicator isn't on, but it sure feels like I'm a bit slower. At the beginning I was on par with all the other guys when it came to top speed and acceleration, but now I'm feeling a little bit slower on the straights.

Lap 22
Pitting. RX8 is no longer a problem due to him missing his pit last lap. Grand Sport passed me, he's 2 seconds away, instead of the usual 10+ seconds. Ugh, crashed at a corner that I've never messed up on before, and now I'm 8 seconds away. I was going to fast and hit the grass. He's putting his tires to the test right now I assume. I can see him in the distant still. I found out the RX8 is at least 3 minutes and 30 seconds behind once the message popped up telling me he has gone into the pit. Just me and this pesky Grand Sport now. One hour remains and I am still 8 seconds behind.

Lap 23
Grand Sport is still on the road. Does this guy ever pit? At the Aremberg I am 5 seconds behind him, creeping on up. 4 seconds on the Bergwerk. At the beginning of the final straight I'm 2.8 seconds behind him. He'll get a little away from me on this straight but I predict that he might mess up on the fast turns at the end. I'm maxing out at 148mph on the straight. (Not including the downhill part)

Lap 24
He didn't mess up, but he didn't go into the pits! I'm not sure if he missed or what. He has only 3 seconds on me and my tires are still only lime green. 0.5 seconds behind at the Amerberg this time around. In between Aremberg and Fuchsrohre I finally passed him after those two laps trailing him.

Lap 25
Oh my god... He finally pits and by some act of God I did a 90 degree turn into a guardrail on the VERY FIRST turn... I was hoping to get as much distance as possible so that when I go in the pit he can't get far. He's 32 seconds behind me now. And another crash, this time it's between Aremberg and Fuchsrohre, where I passed him last lap. Not so bad, he's staying about 37 seconds behind me the whole lap.

Lap 26
Come out of the pit with a 16 second lead on the Grand Sport. Not too much happening. He's just trailing me. I can't seem to shake him and he can't seem to catch up.

15 Minutes Left
In the lead by just 10 seconds.

Lap 28
10 seconds in the lead. This is going to the most intense ending to a race I've ever had, (Besides M34) I just slid across the grass near Amerberg and lost two vital seconds. Another grass slide! This time on Metzgesfeld.

8 Minutes Left
That's approx. one lap length away, and I'm at the Karusell.

Final Lap
The tension has built to a climax. Crossing the finish line into lap 29, the final lap, the total time is exactly 3:54'52.700. I'm nervous as heck, but lets get on with it. Leading by 7.452 by the way. Time's up and I just passed the Karusell. He has been 7 seconds behind me the whole lap. And the front tires have just turned orange while the rear remain yellow. He is 6 seconds behind me at the Pflanzgarten I. Pflanzgarten II he is 5.9 seconds... And I'm in the grass for a second... 5.1 seconds on the straight coming up behind me, I can see him in my mirror. 3.8 seconds at the end of the straight.

Finishing Line Up:
1. Nissan Silvia Spec R AERO '99 - By a mear 4.093
2. Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport '96
3. Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
4. Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
5. Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
6. Jaguar XKR R-Performance '02

In-Game Time: 4:03'10.774(Sorry about the bad quality, it's my webcam.)
Real Time: Almost 7 hours. I should probably not pause the game as much to eat and do other things. :P

For the first 45 or so minutes I was driving mostly aggressively, by that I mean fast wide corners, not bumping into other cars. After that I kind of really started to get slower and I couldn't catch up to anyone and the whole race was centred around the pit schedules rather than the actual car. During the last hour however I started to pick up again just a bit, or at least tried. When the RX8 went down I was so extremely relieved just because he was one of my biggest threats, with the Grand Sport, but with one of them out of the picture it was a lot easier. I'm glad the Grand Sport was there though, or else the race would have been really, really dull. I almost lapped the Jaguar at one point, I was probably 30 or 40 seconds behind him, which I think is really disappointing seeing as how he was in the lead for the first 5 laps or so. I'm not sure what happened to him, maybe he missed a pit one or two times.

Anyway, I don't know how other people did it, but I don't know how to take pictures of endurance races or any race with multiple cars in it, I'm guessing it's one of those cheat devices.

Also, I bet the previous owner never thought that his car would be bought and then raced around the ring for 4 hours coming out victorious. :P

Last edited:
Nice write-up OppositeOfYou!

For a while there, I was worried that the Chevy Corvette Grand Sport was going to get by your Nissan Silvia.

I bet you were quite nervous during the last few laps.

GTsail290

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll admit that this is the first time I've ever done a whole endurance race A-spec (Besides Super Speedway), and I chose Nurburgring just because I love this track so much. The last few laps were nuts, especially the very last lap, when I saw him getting one second closer every interval.

During the second hour I wasn't sure I could win, I thought I had no chance for a few laps actually.

Awesome work mate, am looking forward to reading another. It's funny how much the AI pitting matters for enduros at the 'ring. The RX-8 gave you a massive headache for 2.5 hours, then messed up and finished second last. Bizarre

Anyway, I don't know how other people did it, but I don't know how to take pictures of endurance races or any race with multiple cars in it, I'm guessing it's one of those cheat devices.

It's pretty simple, after the race, before you exit the results screen, you need to save the race replay to your memory card and you'll require upto 250Kb free space.
(It only records the first 40 or so minutes of an endurance race though.)
Once you've done this, go to the replay theatre and view the replay, now each time you press "Select" on your controller it'll enter photomode.
You can switch between views of the 6 cars in the race using the up & down arrows on the D-pad.

No cheating necessary! ;)

Nice writeup by the way, reminds me of my Silvia run through this race. 👍
Congrats on the close victory.

Oh, awesome Smallhorses. I saved the replay just in case, but I'm in the middle of the GT World Championship, (Which is giving me a bit of a headache.)

I wish you could pick your opponents vehicle class during endurance races, I wouldn't mind racing against some JGTC cars around the ring for 4 hours.

Thanks guys.

Good stuff for your first report, sounded like a fun race. Looking forward to your next one. 👍

I wish you could pick your opponents vehicle class during endurance races, I wouldn't mind racing against some JGTC cars around the ring for 4 hours.

Thanks guys.

I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but if you go into the "Options Menu" for the Arcade Mode, you can change the number of laps in an Arcade race (say to 30). And then if you enter the Nurburgring race in the Arcade Mode you can have a nice 4 hour race in any car that you have in your garage. If you change the difficulty level setting, before you start the race, you should be able to have a nice competitive race. You can't do much tuning on your car, but the race should be quite enjoyable. This is something I just learned since I started running a car in Austin343's race series.

Respectfully,
GTsail290

Back