Nurburgring and Sarthe Front Tire Choice

• Thread starter msako
  • 0 comments
This applies to the Minolta and Sauber:

I've finished the 24H at Nurburgring and am a little over half way finished in the 24H at Sarthe I (all A-Spec) so I've put in some long hours at both so far. What I've found for my driving style and setup is that the front tires are critical to quick times (for me) and that my quickest times are with super hard front tires (super hard rear, too).

I tried mediums and while it's good for getting quick times through the slower areas, the car is just too twitchy on those long bumpy straights. Hards are a little better but super hards seem to be very tolerant and I can stay on a good line at very high speeds. The cost for lower speed cornering is not so severe as to make up for the high-speed twitching and subsequent crashing when the car gets out of control at 230+. I can keep a very stable line with the super hards up front.

My quickest time at Sarthe I is about 3:05 using super hards. I have no idea how slow or quick this is.

Am I missing something on my setup or is it my driving style? I use the stock hand controller and don't use any sort of wheel or pedals by choice.

Back