Nurburgring and sports cars GT5 vs GT6

England
Norwich
pako_donna
Hi peeps.

Just a little thought here regarding the Ring, sports cars and GT5, yes! GT5 :)

If I remember correctly, GT5 had a one lap race around the Nurburgring, against race cars, which you could just about win with a heavily modified road car. And it was fun, real good fun.

GT6 has nothing like it. If you try to enter the race around the 24h Ring against race cars (can't remember what it's called) with a modified road car, you can just about finish 3rd or 2nd on a good day. No way in catching the rabbit.

What I'm saying here is, you can only use your race cars around the Ring and most of the other tracks to win against race cars, therefore, heavily modified road cars have no use in GT6, apart from Arcade and online... which I don't use!

Am I missing something here or GT6 is quite a small game compared to GT5 in that respect :confused:

One reason could be that the racing slick tyres have changed. To get the most out of them in GT6 you need some downforce because the loss of grip is very sharp on a tyre with very little load. Race cars have more downforce than road cars, so they have an advantage there.

I'm not sure it that race in GT6 will allow you to use RS tires either where as in GT5 all races allowed them.

I thought the race on the ring against the LMP cars was 2 laps?

I have used normal cars to race race cars on the ring in GT6 and won though not in the 1 lap against LMP cars. There is at least one other race on the ring where there are race cars that can be beat buy sports cars. I forget what it is called now. I remember the car to beat was the 97 F1 GTR and then of course the 24 minute race also can be won with a normal car.

It would be really nice if there were more races to choose from, especially on the Ring and where lower class cars can be used, would be nice if some were 2 laps also.

To answer the original question though yes the career mode in GT6 is shorter than in GT5

Edit: Which race is it you were referring to in the OP? I do not see any that are 1 lap and have AI in LMP cars. There is a 2 lap race in LMP cars in the GT World Championship event. There is a 15 minute race, a 24 minute race both of which use race cars but not LMPs. There is also a 2 lap in the dream car championship, though the 15 minute race is the only one of those that is not the full 24 hour layout. The only other race I saw was the 1 lap for German cars only which can be won easily with a stock RUF 3400

Last edited:
There's the international B midnight racers race. I beat it with a stock s2000 on race hard tires.... same track it's just at night.

Last edited:
I have used normal cars to race race cars on the ring in GT6 and won though not in the 1 lap against LMP cars. There is at least one other race on the ring where there are race cars that can be beat buy sports cars. I forget what it is called now. I remember the car to beat was the 97 F1 GTR and then of course the 24 minute race also can be won with a normal car.

It would be really nice if there were more races to choose from, especially on the Ring and where lower class cars can be used, would be nice if some were 2 laps also.

To answer the original question though yes the career mode in GT6 is shorter than in GT5

Edit: Which race is it you were referring to in the OP? I do not see any that are 1 lap and have AI in LMP cars. There is a 2 lap race in LMP cars in the GT World Championship event. There is a 15 minute race, a 24 minute race both of which use race cars but not LMPs. There is also a 2 lap in the dream car championship, though the 15 minute race is the only one of those that is not the full 24 hour layout. The only other race I saw was the 1 lap for German cars only which can be won easily with a stock RUF 3400

Yeah man Agreed! The race was on GT5 and was called something like Real Circuits Tour and was just one lap...

There's the international B midnight racers race. I beat it with a stock s2000 on race hard tires.... same track it's just at night.

Too dark for me :lol:

Imagine being able to create your own events.

What am I saying, this is an absolute impossibility.

I know, all I'm saying is, the Ring is probably the best race track in the game, let alone irl. So what's the point in having it in the game, if we can only use it with "small cars" and at night time when it's raining??? Why can we not enjoy a vast garage full of powerful cars, in daylight, at the best track in the world??? Sad! :(

I know, all I'm saying is, the Ring is probably the best race track in the game, let alone irl. So what's the point in having it in the game, if we can only use it with "small cars" and at night time when it's raining??? Why can we not enjoy a vast garage full of powerful cars, in daylight, at the best track in the world??? Sad! :(
You can use powerful cars in the daylight. That 15 minute race they have on there allows for quite a few different cars. I mean if you are looking to drive a Carol 360 then you are out of luck but if you want to drive a Ford GT or something like that no problem.

And then of course there is always Arcade mode where you can run whatever you want under whatever conditions you want.

Imagine an offline mode in GT that has a one make race for ever car.

That would be useless because the AI in the same car is always way too slow to get something like a race.

If you try to enter the race around the 24h Ring against race cars (can't remember what it's called) with a modified road car, you can just about finish 3rd or 2nd on a good day. No way in catching the rabbit.

That 24 min of Nürburgring race can be done with a lot of roadcars, even stock and with lesser tyres. You should practice the ring more.

That 24 min of Nürburgring race can be done with a lot of roadcars, even stock and with lesser tyres. You should practice the ring more.

The Ring is my test track, I know it like the back of my hand, so no need to practice...
On the other hand, the 24 min race you're referring to, is in the rain and at night time, which is what I mentioned on my older post, which you obviously did not read.

Sports cars and the Nurburgring are the main reason I have for playing this game, so it's disappointing there are so few opportunities to have a decent go of it. There was a good seasonal a few months back but that's not much good to us now. I really wish there was a decent 3 or 5 lap race for road cars up to 500 - 550 pp, and with the 'professional' difficulty level of the seasonals instead of the the easy 'expert' or whatever the toughest a-spec is.

Back