Nurburgring logo on 06' Subaru

  • Thread starter Thread starter no1dejfan
  • 23 comments
  • 7,085 views
Messages
101
Messages
no1dejfan
i was getting in my white Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi spec C Type RA 05' and i noticed a logo front lower door on both sides, that caught my eye. what caught my eye was that a facebook game i play, vdream racing, a designer made it for the Zonda in commemoration of the 6:46 lap time. what is the meaning of this logo "spec C type RA 'Keep Attacking the Nurburgring"?

sorry pic didnt post.

lucernechapelbridge.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Read the in game description of the car. It states RA in the name stands for ' Record Attempt ' . I believe they were aiming for under 8 minutes on the ring.
 
Pretty cool I must say. Love the detail on the premium cars.
 
Mystery revealed

prn24-subaru-tommi-makinen-1yhigh.jpg


Subaru Impreza sets Nurburgring record
The World's quickest saloon is the Subaru Impreza WRX STI, judging by its Nurburgring lap time
Text: Stephen Dobie / Photos: autoblog.com
09th June 2010


The Subaru Impreza WRX STI – the quickest saloon in the world. That’s the claim, after the four-door version of the new-school Impreza set a new record at the Nurburgring.

A mightily impressive claimed 7min55sec lap-time around the Ring’s Nordschleife (North Loop) puts the STI ahead of the previous saloon record holder, the Cadillac CTS-V. The American boasts a 6.2-litre V8 engine over three times the size of the Japanese-spec Subaru’s 2-litre flat-four, but transfers its 556bhp to the track via its rear wheels only. The Impreza is all-wheel drive.

The STI was piloted by four-time World Rally Champion and former Mitsubishi and Subaru WRC driver Tommi Makinen. The car deviates slightly from standard, with the the larger turbocharger and six-pot brake calipers from the Impreza R205 edition and aluminium bonnet from the STI Spec C, plus the usual safety necessities for track work.

All of this may leave UK Impreza fans cold, though. Since the car’s relaunch a couple of years ago there’s only been a five-door hatchback for the UK, a situation that’s unlikely to change.
 
Its not the stig its Rubens Barichello lol, Least I think its him lol
 
Thats the Impreza WRX Spec C Type RA Nurburgring Edition

23966390004_medium.jpg
 
Its not the stig its Rubens Barichello lol, Least I think its him lol

It's Tommi Mäkinen, and You sir just offended my Idol, i demand satisfaction.
 
Haha he really does look like Rubens in that photo though ...
 
that 05/o6 subaru is different than the one tommie Macken drove on the nurburing the one he piloted was a 2010 2 completly diffferent modles
 
I was wondering who that midget in the photo was until I realized it was the great Tommi Makinen.
 
I saw this time ago but didnt notice the "RA" thing.

 
Its not the stig its Rubens Barichello lol, Least I think its him lol
Haha, I thought the same. Certainly looked like him, but of course it was driven by someone who is already a champion in the Impreza.
 
The obsession with the Nurb is getting out of hand now.

It feels kind of dorky having a decal like that.
 
I'd sport a nurb decal. it would be cool to others who know what that is... and perhaps quite a suprise for those who don't ;D I shall purchase this STi and see what its got.
 
The obsession with the Nurb is getting out of hand now.

It feels kind of dorky having a decal like that.
Ooooh... -1 skill point. :lol:
 
^Ouch!:ouch::sly:

But still, that's a car I won't be going to interviews in.
 
I Think that challenge with subaru is more funnier than challenge with skyline. :) It is also cool that driver was Tommi Mäkinen from not so far away :)
 
Back