Nurburgring Tales -- Post your Nurburgring experiences in GT5

Philippines
Manila
alaingeronimo87
Here you can post your experiences in Green Hell.... in GT5 of course, since it has 5 variations (24-hour course, 4-hour course, GP/D, GP/F, and the Nordschleife).

Disaster in a Toyota 88C-V

It was already 1:00 a.m. when the last race in the Dream Car Championship was held in the Nurburgring 24-hour course in my precious Toyota Minolta 88C-V. It wasn't raining that time. My feet is stomping with excitement. Until I spun out at Pflanzgarten. The annoying Jag XJR-9 passed me before I recovered. At the 2nd lap, I overtook it at Quiddelbacher, which I tried to get away about 16 seconds in Aremberg. Passing the Carousel, I didn't notice my rear tyres are heating up and went up in smoke. I tried to conserve what's left of my front tyres. 3rd lap, at the Schumacher S curve I braked early. A lot too early. With the XJR-9 just about 8 seconds away, I spun again at Wipperman. Before I can recover back to the course, the Jag crashed me. A disastrous rollover ruined my lap time. With me getting drowsy, I kept myself awake with a glass of water to finish in 1st. Time: 30:24.xxx.​

I am an oddity.
I love Touring cars.
I love touring cars AT the green hell.

It's a me thing.
I have made a room online and hoped others would come. First it was German cars only...then I took my WRX Touring car there and loved it.
I have since began collecting touring cars.
when other join the room, I try to match what they have(i.e. if they show up with a Alfa touring car, I hop in my 190E 2.5 touring race car)
if they show up in a Astra, I get either my TT or CLK.

Nurb Nord is MY test track. I use it to sort out suspension settings, top speed settings, and over-all vehicle characteristics.

I am going to make a related post but...last night I found something in my UCD and must report on it(Touring car-related)

Oh, and I just discovered how challenging the ring is at night, alone, with no tail lights to follow. Just pure blackness and a pair of headlights. if you don't know the track, you're in for a long night.

My lap times only dropped 2-3 second at night vs. in broad daylight, so I guess I have finally learned the Green Hell.

My passion in GT5 is simply buying a car, giving it an awesome paint job (makes it go faster :sly:) and then driving it round the ring completely stock a couple of times trying to set a better lap time than before.

Ive recently done it with a M3 that i bought cause i was bored, gave it some black rims and a green paint job and ran it round the ring in the German League A (cant remember actual name). I got past the audi R8 at the 6th corner as he was stuck behind a golf or something along those lines. I managed to keep the lead by about 6 seconds untill just before the straight when he broke free of the car infront and started on my tail, when we came upto the last 3 corners he was right on my bumper and i just managed to keep him held off round the last bend taking 1st, not spinning off, and my driving dignity intact!

I had a facepalm last weekend. I was racing on the nordschleife with the nissan GTR '07 for the trophy. the time to beat is 7.29,03 and what time did I have? 7.29.043 :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: now i cant beat my time :grumpy:

i remember about when i was doing the seasonal event with the golf on the nurb. i was on the last corner almost completly drawing with the beetle and then we both went off on the last corner (i was on the outside) and it was a complete draw! i still got the win though

I am an oddity.
I love Touring cars.
I love touring cars AT the green hell.

It's a me thing.
I have made a room online and hoped others would come. First it was German cars only...then I took my WRX Touring car there and loved it.
I have since began collecting touring cars.
when other join the room, I try to match what they have(i.e. if they show up with a Alfa touring car, I hop in my 190E 2.5 touring race car)
if they show up in a Astra, I get either my TT or CLK.

Nurb Nord is MY test track. I use it to sort out suspension settings, top speed settings, and over-all vehicle characteristics.

I am going to make a related post but...last night I found something in my UCD and must report on it(Touring car-related)

Oh, and I just discovered how challenging the ring is at night, alone, with no tail lights to follow. Just pure blackness and a pair of headlights. if you don't know the track, you're in for a long night.

My lap times only dropped 2-3 second at night vs. in broad daylight, so I guess I have finally learned the Green Hell.

Have you ever tried switching to high beam lately?💡

I had a facepalm last weekend. I was racing on the nordschleife with the nissan GTR '07 for the trophy. the time to beat is 7.29,03 and what time did I have? 7.29.043 :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: now i cant beat my time :grumpy:

It takes some practice to get that trophy. Many others still haven't got the exact lap time yet.

Just yesterday, I was racing in my lounge with a friend on the 24h circuit.

1 Lap
Racing Kart
Wet Track
Start at 0:00
Time Progression: 10

18:46 lap time (had to use driving line to see road when dark)

LOL

I always use the Nurburgring to test out new cars, any tuning I have done, and to just drive and have fun.

I Recently bought a Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02, and its completely stock, and its great fun driving it around. I also have the Jaguar S-TYPE R '02 , which is probably the most fun car to drive I have so far. I may try out the Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe '61.

I'm getting a McLaren F1 '94 soon, cant wait to get that on the ring.

Last edited:
I raced against some Czech guy earlier today. He was in an Integra DC2, and I was in my Civic Type R EK9. We raced for 2 laps, and it was great fun. I lost, but the guy waited for me every time I fell way behind because of stupid penalties.

I was doing a lap in a 'Track Day' lobby earlier in my completely stock MX-5 NC when this noob in his Zonda R was cutting the grass behind me a couldent get past!! I laughed so hard when he had to spin me just to get past!!

My thing with the ring is that I simply use this track to measure every car's performance. I also do it to learn the layout because I'm planning to visit the track in reality this summer so I need to memorize the track as much as i can.

I have done maybe around 500-700 laps there so far in GT psp and GT5. maybe more, i dunno i dont really count;)

I have the most fun with the track going for A-spec Schwarzwald League B, where I get something like an rwd heavy benz and try to keep up in this whale while drifting through the first section of the ring between the starting grid and Flugplatz and the section between Hoche acht and galgenkopf. I find it really amusing chasing faster sportier cars sideways in a cl600 benz or an sl;) You guys should try it. Oh and of course its done for a nobler purpose for polishing my skills... yeah right ;)

I raced against some Czech guy earlier today. He was in an Integra DC2, and I was in my Civic Type R EK9. We raced for 2 laps, and it was great fun. I lost, but the guy waited for me every time I fell way behind because of stupid penalties.

Did you bump that Czech in a DC2?

18:46 lap time (had to use driving line to see road when dark)

LOL

The racing kart doesn't have headlamps at all.

Last edited:
No, I got all four wheels on the grass.

Maybe due to understeer, I guess.

My thing with the ring is that I simply use this track to measure every car's performance. I also do it to learn the layout because I'm planning to visit the track in reality this summer so I need to memorize the track as much as i can.

I have done maybe around 500-700 laps there so far in GT psp and GT5. maybe more, i dunno i dont really count;)

I have the most fun with the track going for A-spec Schwarzwald League B, where I get something like an rwd heavy benz and try to keep up in this whale while drifting through the first section of the ring between the starting grid and Flugplatz and the section between Hoche acht and galgenkopf. I find it really amusing chasing faster sportier cars sideways in a cl600 benz or an sl;) You guys should try it. Oh and of course its done for a nobler purpose for polishing my skills... yeah right ;)

Even better in a C63 AMG imho. :drool:

Right now I'm trying to get a lap time of a stock Bugatti Veyron. Yes, overpowered and heavy, but I couldn't even get a clean lap on it.....:grumpy:

EDIT : still not a clean lap. Time: 7:58.221

Last edited:
Not much of a race report, but last night I posted a 6:49 in an M3 GTR. Not sure where that stands, but personal best in any car by 10 seconds. (2nd place is non RM Nissan GTR, 7:05).

Back