Nurburgring Time Trial Car Selection Jan 2016

• Thread starter Jaguara
  • 14 comments

What car shall we use on the Nurburgring in Jan 2015?

• Ferrari 458 Italia (singlepaddy)

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Ford GT 05 (singlepaddy - yes, he gets 2 because he suggested the whole project)

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (RobbiefromBC)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Ruf RGT (MikeGrove)

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car (MsgtGunny)

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 98 Audi S4 (Sedia)

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Pagani Huayara (Raw10_2u)

• Ferrari 330 P4 '67 (JamCar0ne) **Warning $20million car**

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 (richroo)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • NSX Race Car '91 (WIDEeyedDRIVER)

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Zonda LM Race Car (Alex_ONeil)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada
Canada
Jaguara333
View media item 2534
Please vote for your selection for the car to run the Jan 2016 Nurburgring Time Trial

You get a single vote and cannot change your vote, but you get 3 choices...choose wisely.

Please do not share poll standings with people who have not yet voted.

Only SNAIL members can vote, others will be disqualified.

Last edited:
View media item 2534
Please vote for your selection for the car to run the Jan 2016 Nurburgring Time Trial

You get a single vote and cannot change your vote, but you get 3 choices...choose wisely.

Please do not share poll standings with people who have not yet voted.

Only SNAIL members can vote, others will be disqualified.

Sorry for not knowing what may be the obvious; but when you talk about Nuerburgring, do you talk about Nordschliefe? I imagine you only refer to GP/D or GP/F.

I was hoping for Nordschliefe. I wish there was a way to use it for Sunday night. There has to be a way! We are just not creative enough to come up with a solution. In any case, we should keep it in mind next holiday.

Maybe we could have two people agree to make the same combo, thus combining them into two 24 minute races instead of four 12 minute races? Even still they'd only be three laps.

I like your out of the box thinking. I am skeptical if JLBowler thinks similarly. Or is it somebody else that needs convincing?

Sorry for not knowing what may be the obvious; but when you talk about Nuerburgring, do you talk about Nordschliefe? I imagine you only refer to GP/D or GP/F.
Last month we did the Nordschliefe. This month will be one of the three long-versions that include the Nordschliefe segment.

As to discussions about track eligibility for Sunday night combos, this is not the best place for that discussion. However, I will point out that combining 2 races would throw off the whole scoring methodology as well. I doubt that you will find receptive ears to changing the basic SNAIL formula, but I could be wrong.

The Nordschliefe and Circuto de Sierra are used in some other SNAIL series, as well as in special events from time to time.

The five minute lap rule, which is what keeps the nord from being chosen, is one of the few rules that has remained as it is written since before I was even around. It's strictly a time issue. One lap races have never been an option for SNAIL. You might be able to ask zer05ive real nicely to consider going from 5 minutes to 6 minutes now that we run 12 minute races instead of 10 but even that poses a problem with a max 6 minute qualifying session when you factor in the lead in time to a qualifying lap.

Well, the voting was close, as you all can see...up until almost the last minute it was tied 12 to 12. I guess this means that SNAIL loves Ferrari.

Since the 458 Italia won the vote, it will be going to the Nordschleife...

HOWEVER...

You get a special treat because, for those of you who have the car or the cash...I am creating a bonus event to take the 330 P4 to the Nurburgring 24H track.

If you have neither the car, nor the cash, then get out there quick and do some of the New-Year's special seasonals. The 2 A-Spec races are not too hard with the right car if you stick to Int-Wet tires and one pit at 5 laps. Also if you are any good at drift challenges, they are easy cash as well. With the 200% login bonus, each of these 4 events will net you 6.6 million. If you do all 4 you will get more than enough for the 330 P4. (The A-spec challenges say 900K for gold, but they actually give you cash as if they were TT challenges, so the on-screen info is wrong, at least it was for me.)

Good luck everyone, the events are up already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back