Nurburgring.

  • Thread starter Thread starter bruce750
  • 19 comments
  • 2,287 views
Messages
4
Hi

Newbie here. I'm a complete GT addict and a 'Ring addict, I go several times a year and have loads of pics and video footage if anyones interested.

Anyway, I'm after a list a GT4 Car lap times around the 'Ring, can anyone help.

Cheers
Bruce
 
next time use the search feature, there are plenty of posts about this topic. Just trying to save u from a lot of critisizm and all.
 
5minute laps time! omg lol. i wish they had the new veriosn of he ring (with f1circut)
 
mustang_4_ever
5minute laps time! omg lol. i wish they had the new veriosn of he ring (with f1circut)

Whats the fasination with the Modern F1 track, I've driven both in real life and the F1 circuit is quite bland. The video of the BMW, the first 2 minuites is the new track, the Nordschleife is much better

Thanks for the list.
 
Since it is my leaderboard I felt I should chime in.

The lap times you see on that leaderboard are very unrealistic in a real life sense. So look at them as what you can do in GT4. I've been lapping the Nordschleife since January in Gt4, I must have 2000 laps on it by now. I've found N2 or n1 tires give as close to real life times as you can get. I'd be curious to ehar what you have to say. Pick a car you have driven on the Nordschleife in real life and then try it in GT4 with N2 tires and tell me how close it is....

I'm curious.
 
I'm curious, too...I'd like to hear what you think of the GT4 'ring compared to the real thing.
 
Well thats quite difficult because I've set myself an unusual target for GT4...........
I'm trying to complete it without buying a car.......so as you can guess its a slow process.

Around the 'Ring I've driven various AMG Mercs, M3, Seat Leon Cupra R, Smart Brabus Roadster, Clio, RS4 and a Countach Quattrovalvole.

My only complaint with the 'Ring on GT4 so far is that the track is too accurate in that it is very narrow for a simulator/game.

The lap times in real life are not the same as the game because the gamesstart/finnish line is where the old and new track meet which is a slow section. In real life there is a gantry about 3/4 way down the main straight and thats where you start your watch, and the is another gantry about 10 seconds after the last corner. So in the game you get to take the whole of the main straight flat, which you can't in real life.
 
bruce750
Well thats quite difficult because I've set myself an unusual target for GT4...........
I'm trying to complete it without buying a car.......so as you can guess its a slow process.

I may as well save you some time right now. There is no way to finish GT4 without buying some car(s) along the way.

I know that in GT3 it was possible to finish the game with buying just 3 cars, but so far it seems I would have to buy at least a dozen in GT4. I haven't fully finished yet but based on what I have seen it looks that way.
 
Indeed. From memory you must buy at least 1 MX-5/Miata, 1 Daihatsu Midget and 1 Suzuki Kei-class car.
 
bruce750
Hi

Newbie here. I'm a complete GT addict and a 'Ring addict, I go several times a year and have loads of pics and video footage if anyones interested.

Anyway, I'm after a list a GT4 Car lap times around the 'Ring, can anyone help.

Cheers
Bruce

can get get some videos?
 
If I'm not mistaken, but there is a site owned by a man named Bruce Lovejoy who races the 'Ring every so often.

Relation at all?
 
McLaren F1GTR
If I'm not mistaken, but there is a site owned by a man named Bruce Lovejoy who races the 'Ring every so often.

Relation at all?

No, thats Ben Lovjoy, a friend of mine.

I do have loads of videos, but how do I host them?

I think its about £7 / 12 Euros
 
can you save during the 24 hour race on the nurburgring track?
 
steve-o
can you save during the 24 hour race on the nurburgring track?

No, as said a hundred times before.
 
bruce750
No, thats Ben Lovjoy, a friend of mine.

I do have loads of videos, but how do I host them?

I think its about £7 / 12 Euros
Oh ok.

But I doubt I'll watch the Vids.

12 Euros?

I prefer some of the videos we took at the 'Ring.
 
bruce750
My only complaint with the 'Ring on GT4 so far is that the track is too accurate in that it is very narrow for a simulator/game.

The track is too accurate and you call that a downside...? Huh?!

PGR2 is your game then!
 
bruce750
No, thats Ben Lovjoy, a friend of mine.

I do have loads of videos, but how do I host them?

I think its about £7 / 12 Euros

Yeah I know Ben Lovejoy´s site itsgreat 👍

Put the videos on your personal homepage, you got from your ISP!? Or share them with peer to peer programs like Edited by moderator we do not tolerate mention or discussion of this.
''I think its about £7 / 12 Euros''
Are you talking about the cost to drive 1 lap??

It was 14 Euro last year, I heard it will be 15 Euro in 2005.
 
Back