nurburing 24 hrs endurance

• Thread starter gigio79
  • 5 comments
Italy
naples
gigiotto59
Is anybody in the forum who made nurburing 24 hrs? I need suggestions on the race, what car, setup and small report of the event. I tried twice but after few hrs I had to stop, with rain was too hard drive my car, first time was a peugeot 908, the second time a pescarolo 05, I am afraid I used a wrong setup, please help me.

Done it just couple weeks ago with Peugeot 908. Won by around 4 minutes.
Had 2 times couple of hours of rain. If rain tires aren't giving enough grip use inters. Did that on Le Mans.

Settings front/rear
Ride height 8/8
Spring rate 12.4/13.5
Damp. ext. 8/8
Damp. comp 7/7
ARB 6/6
Camber 2.6/1.4
Toe angle 0.04/0.16

LSD
Initial 15
Acc. sens. 34
Break sens. 22
Downforce 55/80
Brake bal. 5/3
Gears max speed 370.
rest as they were

few videos from the race
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=261143

thanks jyri, soon I'll be back home from my vacations (24 august) I try your suggestion, I already tried peugeot 908 but maybe setup was wrong.

Done! Also the last endurance was won. I made Nurburing 24 with Mazda 787B, very good car, perfect for this event. It was not easy to win against 2 audi race car, 1 mazda 787B, 1 peugeot 908, strong rain for 10-11 hrs, almost all night, I won with 3 laps ahead, total laps 165, second (audi 10 TDI) 162 laps.
Do this endurance race but do not use the prototype, otherwise you loose fun, use a normal race car, you win, but it will be so hard.

I think the Audi R8 LMS Race car '09 can be pretty competitive. According to http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=52 it can get up to 647 pp by tuning, which should be plenty. I'm doing the 24 hours of Nürburgring right now in a Lexus SC430, which has 622 pp, and it's a little tiny bit too slow to be able to cope with the two fastest LMP cars in dry conditions. But the Audi should be faster.

Also, if you have a problem with rain (like, you have to quit as soon as it starts because you can't drive in rain at all), try to set skid recovery force on. It helps a lot.

Just ran this with the 787B, no aids, sports softs, 200kg of ballast. 690 dropping to 670pp if I remember correctly off the top of my head. Made for a great race with me being fairly inconsistent for the first half of the race and falling a few minutes behind then cleaning it up more and more towards the end to coming storming back to catch and race the Bentley for the win in the final hour.

Could have probably won by a over lap if I drove my best for 24 hours, but I can't drive my best for 24 hours. Would have won by a good 3-5 minutes for sure if I just drove clean for 24 hours.

Took me a while to get happy with the setup, not sure if that was due to the ballast and tires or just my lack of driving and tuning skill.

A lot depends on the field you get too. If the 905 or R10 is the fastest opponent, you could probably win with a ton of different cars than if you're racing the Speed 8 or the R8s.

Back