NY Auto Show GT Games

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clin_10
  • 14 comments
  • 1,117 views
Messages
50
Messages
Clin10
Messages
Clin10
I went to the NY Auto Show on Tuesday and I played 2 GT games, one was the GT Subaru 2nd Edition. I drove a Yellow WRX '98 and I tried to drift in it, I even asked the lady to turn off the Traction. By the way the Simulator moved I pushed the petal down too much and understeered. After that I went to Mazda and drove the GT4 game with the Miata, the new gen I think because it was the inside view. I tried my best to drift with the ASM on but I could not hold it. I don't know if Toyota had one there like last year, but it was fun using the GT Force Pro 2 times without buying it, but I want to buy a Simulator now! lol
 
They had GT at the Toronto International Auto Show aswell. They had the Saleen S7 on the screen, and it was the first time I was to play GT4 and all I thought was that PD had forgotten to put brakes in the game. WHY WON'T IT STOP?!?! :scared:
Then I finally had my copy come in, and it was all good. Still hate the car in the game and its lack of brakes, but other than that, its all good. :sly:
 
:dunce:
SRV2LOW4ME
They had GT at the Toronto International Auto Show aswell. They had the Saleen S7 on the screen, and it was the first time I was to play GT4 and all I thought was that PD had forgotten to put brakes in the game. WHY WON'T IT STOP?!?! :scared:
Then I finally had my copy come in, and it was all good. Still hate the car in the game and its lack of brakes, but other than that, its all good. :sly:

I used the S7 on the CIAS demo too... took it on the Grand Valley, I believe. Couldn't stop for anything... :dunce:
 
I read somewhere that volvo uses a video game to demonstrate their safety in the s60 at the NYIAS, could it be GT4?
 
I didn't stand in line for the Mazda one but stood in line for the Subaru one. It was the first time I had ever been into the Subaru simulator. Jarring experience to say the least. It was too sensative. Tapping the brakes gave you whiplash, like a car with a really soft suspension.

I did the one to the rear, the GT4 Prolouge one and ran a WRC Imprezza around Tsubuka. I didn't think the laps were anything special but when my time was up people in line clapped. They had been watching me drive on the screen. Even the Subaru guy (Omar) congratualted me saying he had not seen anyone today drive so well or make such a fast lap(s). I told him 1'04 isn't anythign special in a WRC Imprezza on Tsukuba...he smiled and laughed.

That was with the an AT trans, since the shifter was broken on the thing...

It was fun and I am glad I tried it but I prefer my setup at home (chair and lap mounted DFP) over the fancy sim anytime....
 
kensei
That was with the an AT trans, since the shifter was broken on the thing...

Yeah, the 2 ladies said that the shifter won't work for me also. that was the best fun trying to drift I ever had. my dad was laughing as I understeered the hairpin on Tsubuka. it was my second time playing that. I felt as if I owned the 4WD drifting scene as the other kid behind me wanted the same settings and 2 others kids did the same and messed up, lol. I think I might have started a little trend there, lol. And kensei, what day did U go?
 
Clin_10
Yeah, the 2 ladies said that the shifter won't work for me also. that was the best fun trying to drift I ever had. my dad was laughing as I understeered the hairpin on Tsubuka. it was my second time playing that. I felt as if I owned the 4WD drifting scene as the other kid behind me wanted the same settings and 2 others kids did the same and messed up, lol. I think I might have started a little trend there, lol. And kensei, what day did U go?

Saturday....way too crowded for my tastes...but I got to sit in some Porsches and see some sexy Nissans...so it was good.
 
spykerdriver
I read somewhere that volvo uses a video game to demonstrate their safety in the s60 at the NYIAS, could it be GT4?

im going to have to say a definate no. Unless they are trying to say its a indestructable tank. Lets not forget GT still lacks any damage other than tire wear.
 
Blues
im going to have to say a definate no. Unless they are trying to say its a indestructable tank. Lets not forget GT still lacks any damage other than tire wear.

It could have been that they were demonstrating their electronic saftey systems. given the picture though it dosent look like GT4.

Look here:
http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publish/Features/article_514.html

On a large platform, Volvo exhibited a safety simulator where funky-colored S60 sat, wired with the controls to the extra-large video simulator. Attendees could try their hand at virtual driving from within the colorful S60.
 
kensei
I didn't stand in line for the Mazda one but stood in line for the Subaru one. It was the first time I had ever been into the Subaru simulator. Jarring experience to say the least. It was too sensative. Tapping the brakes gave you whiplash, like a car with a really soft suspension.

I did the one to the rear, the GT4 Prolouge one and ran a WRC Imprezza around Tsubuka. I didn't think the laps were anything special but when my time was up people in line clapped. They had been watching me drive on the screen. Even the Subaru guy (Omar) congratualted me saying he had not seen anyone today drive so well or make such a fast lap(s). I told him 1'04 isn't anythign special in a WRC Imprezza on Tsukuba...he smiled and laughed.

That was with the an AT trans, since the shifter was broken on the thing...

It was fun and I am glad I tried it but I prefer my setup at home (chair and lap mounted DFP) over the fancy sim anytime....

Haha, you went out of your way to race on the dry course? Why didn't you race Grand Canyon?

Skeered?? =)
 
The Locust
Haha, you went out of your way to race on the dry course? Why didn't you race Grand Canyon?

Skeered?? =)

Hardly....I don't care for the Grand Canyon circuit with the GT4 Prolouge physics. For that matter I don't really car for Tsukuba with GT4 physics. Plus I wanted to drive more than a a few corners and could get 2.5 laps in on Tsukuba.

I'd chill there friend.
 
Well last year at the Adelaide Motorshow or rather the Australian Motor Show when it came to Adelaide they had a rally spec Lancer Evo VII that was hooked up to GT Concept I believe. So you use the cars real steering wheel and pedals even the shifter but obviously not the clutch. Wonder what it will be this year since its on this week and I am going tomorrow.
 
Sounds very exciting guys! I'm sure I'll see something like this in Portland Auto Show by year 2010!(I doubt it).
 
I when to the ny auto show ,the gt rally simulator was the best.but the best part when I saw a green 240sx/s15 in the tent,you could even get a changes to win it if you want to, I really had a good time. :)
 
they had gt4 in the local electronics shop i tested it while standing i nearly forgot time and stayed there for 1 hour
 
Back