NY Endurance

  • Thread starter Thread starter <_Spike_>
  • 12 comments
  • 672 views
Messages
1,637
Has any body ever had any troubles with heating their tyres in this race (or even just the track in general)?

I went in for a race with the Honda HSC (aimming for 200pts) but with Sports M tyres, which offered me 163. I got 22 laps in before deciding to just start again and go for the 200. During the 22 laps my tyres warmed up perfectly fine.

I go into try to for 200pts with N1 tyres, naturally they make the car handle like a sac of s***, even with slightly increased brakes at front and rear. So I pit in straight away thinking I'm easily fast enough to catch the other cars after, I switch to Sports M tyres and come out on the chase, but it's not until I get to lap 10 that they actually start warming up which is pretty unsual. So I had to quit because due to the cold tyres and hideous cornering I'd gone down to being 1'39.xxx behind. Surely the tyres should've warmed up quicker then that? They did on the 163 try. Anyone else ever had the same problem in their 200pt attempt?
 
You can't switch between tyre types (Normal/Sport/Race) during a race. The option presents itself when you enter the pits, but it doesn't actually happen. So you were really on N1s still.
 
Well that explains a lot, lol, thanks for that..glad I found the Elise 190 to try this on instead (so much easier then the HSC)
 
<_Spike_>
Well that explains a lot, lol, thanks for that..glad I found the Elise 190 to try this on instead (so much easier then the HSC)

The Suzuki GSXR4 on S2 with a few other bits and bobs attached will do the job nicely and still have a close race for 200 pts.
edit: (for crap drivers like me)

AMG.
 
Think I might try that, the 190 netted me said points with a thriller race, but as I say in my report comments, might fancy another close race with a different car. Cheers for the car tip AMG
 
The Suzuki GSX-R/4 gets 200 A-spec points without even trying at NY Endurance. Very gentle on tires and doesn't even hardly use any fuel either. It'll lap all the opponents x-number of times.

Consider the Suzuki a bit of a magic vehicle that works well at several endurance races for 200 A-spec points.
 
this race is a blast in completely stock M3 CSL (200 pts)
 
If your having problems with your tires goin to hot and wearing out easily lessin the amount of break presure or torque. i had the same trouble that you did...
 
I third that about the M3 CSL. A thrilling race with an extremely close finish if I remember rightly. Give it a go! 👍
 
You can change tires in same class without affecting A spec points though, correct? Say from RH to RS's ?
 
CJ350 - Yes so long as you win you would net the A-spec score at the start of the race.

I used a TVR Cerbera here, The race was fairly close, but once I got into the groove, and switched from S1's to S3's my pace increased alot. SO much so from being neck and neck stuff I was able to lap the field just with the change of racing style (Tyre conservation to a more aggresive sprint to pit format.)

Have to return here. One guy at GTBN set himself a goal to win every prize car...

...including every prize car colour! After that I bet he could get a Cab drivers shield and work in New York the amount of miles he had put in.
 
Back