• 19 comments

Sprite

Beanbag Brain
Premium
United Kingdom
Horbury, West Yorkshire
GTP_Sprite
A rather interesting trailer from Neill Blomkamp

I don't know much apart from this first trailer. Looks like we could be getting some low budget movies from up and coming Directors. Also some of the stuff looks like it could be a test bed for his Alien project. I'm sure I saw Sigourney Weaver.

...Looks interesting. Oh wait, someone said that already. ^^

Okay, take two: looks intriguing. I shall keep my eye on for it, see what's what.

Christ on a pogo stick, there are quite a few things I must "keep my eye on" for the next few months. Man, I don't have enough eyeballs for all of them. Oh well.

Looks lik Neill was annoyed with not getting to make his Aliens sequel and is doing this instead.e

Scott probably doesn't trust Blomkamp's approach I'd say. Neill's done a fine job so far.

...The way I heard it, Neil was never tasked with the revival of Alien franschise to begin with. Not sure how accurate the claim is, but hey, I heard it in Kermode and Mayo, so it should be reasonably trustworthy!!

The story goes, it was Neil who sorta started the social media backing going so his vision of Alien movie could gain traction with the rights holders. It was not approved by Scott nor 21st Fox like, at all. So, there ever was only a single Alien movie in production - the Covenant.

Oops, off topic. I'll stop now.

To be honest, I never follow what's going on in Hollywoodland, at least not often enough to have heard anything about any of that @JKgo Sounds very likely though, similar to Nathan Fillion's campaign to get the role of Drake in the Uncharted film.

Back on topic. I'm keen to see what comes out of this.

New Trailer.

Language and Gore warning (nothing too bad but people maybe a little sensitive)

I'm excited. I mean, I was really, really hoping for Blomkamp to direct something other than he wrote, which i think is the biggest issue with his films post d9, but I like the energy and overall scrappiness to this approach to filmmaking - trying to change up the dynamic even a little. with all this streaming, full seasons day one, the feature film world has gotten a bit stale. I support anyone trying to change it up even a little bit.

What is Oats video is now up.

I've had to watch without sound this morning, however it looks like well get more info as time goes along and eventually we'll see some finished short movies maybe.

Also I noticed they visited Steam and possibly Valve. HL3 as a movie rather than a game? Or a HL / Portal Movie?

...So, uh, this showed up in my recommended list today:

After watching it, I gotta say, it seems like a high concept Sci-Fi with alien invasion story. I'm not even sure whether the rest of the series will be like this video - I was kind of hoping it'd be more like a proper film directed by young up-and-coming directors. Oh well.

...So, uh, this showed up in my recommended list today:

After watching it, I gotta say, it seems like a high concept Sci-Fi with alien invasion story. I'm not even sure whether the rest of the series will be like this video - I was kind of hoping it'd be more like a proper film directed by young up-and-coming directors. Oh well.

It just popped up for me too. I haven't watched but sounds good.

Mondo are due to release a poster for Rakka.

IMG_8126.JPG

This looks great.

Also this just popped up for me...

Last edited:
New video up.

Firebase

Like all the others, some images might be a little too much for young viewers.

Last edited:
Firebase was excellent. Blomkamp has the vision alright. I liked how Tyler Johnston channelled a young Michael Biehn; mannerisms, energy and expressions.

Firebase was excellent. Blomkamp has the vision alright. I liked how Tyler Johnston channelled a young Michael Biehn; mannerisms, energy and expressions.

Yeh, it's like someone has brought him from the 80s into the future. Awesome.

Edit-

New video

Edit #2-

And another...

Last edited:
The God one looks like it'll be fun too. Sharlto Copley is very diverse and worth it every time I've seen him in anything.

New out from Studio Oats is this Animation?!

To be truthful I've seen better and more realistic stuff, so for the first time I'm not impressed by something they've put out. However more animations aimed at adults rather than kiddies is fine by me.

Back