Objective setting.

  • Thread starter Thread starter FitzyWATP
  • 9 comments
  • 675 views
Messages
123
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I'm relatively new to driving sims, GT Sport being my first purchased on a whim in April this year.

I love the game, playing and watching and whilst I'm not very fast I am trying to improve my consistency and overall speed.

Copying what I see in streams from the likes of Tidgney and Kie25 saw me improve dramatically in terms of pace (6 secs a lap at fuji means I'm now slow as opposed to very, very slow :) )

In a stream a couple of weeks back GT Sports ginger genius suggested that in order to improve you had to pick one car on one track and practice on that until you had it as could as you could get.

So I did, GR 2, RM tyres, Fuji with chicane. From a starting average of 1:37, copying lines and practice, practice, practice has got me down to hitting 1:31.5 continuously.

My goal is 1.30.5 but I've peaked at 131.2

So with Tidgneys new tutorial series starting tonight my goal is to learn enough to reach my target. I'm posting this to kind of log my progress but also to see if anybody else will be watching and I'm genuinely interested to know what they hope to get out of it and if they do.

So, what's your goals drivers?
 
My humble goal is to get within 2% of the top times. Then 1.5%
 
My humble goal is to get within 2% of the top times. Then 1.5%

Very much like mine, I accept that regardless of time and effort the top, top guys have something that most of us just don't have but close, relatively, is close enough for me.

Episode one was great, the balancing throttle aspect I haven't used at all
 
Get to 10 sport mode wins before I'm 39.

I've avoided sport mode up till now.

I don't feel I'm good enough yet and I really don't want to be 'That guy's messing up other folks races.
 
That's what it's all about, dude.

It's not getting easier at 40+, but 10 wins, come on!
Well, having done 60 races in 13 months it's a slow process.
 
That's what it's all about, dude.

It's not getting easier at 40+, but 10 wins, come on!

I know :).

I will when I feel I can do it sufficiently well that other players don't have to treat me like a mobile roundabout. :D
 
I know :).

I will when I feel I can do it sufficiently well that other players don't have to treat me like a mobile roundabout. :D
You will be matched according to current skill...
 
Back