Oculus cv1 in game problemPC 

• Thread starter Deepblu
  • 9 comments
Philippines
Philippines
Hello everyone,
I have a problem with the oculus (single player/lap times), when steering or otherwise I'm moving with a car I see the frames doubled, I tried all the configurations but nothing.
my setting: tried all from low to high(aa on/off-shadow on/off etc...)
my config: gtx 1080 last driver
Program: content manager
Oculus debug off/1.5/
asw: off/on
mod: natural/Shaders Lights Patch/assetto by night
Thanks to all

2805b1x.jpg

Have the same problem: by pressing the ROLL key, I can turn off the double image. Hangs together with sweetfx. Unfortunately I always have to get up to switch off - that sucks! Have you found a better solution in the meantime?

Have the same problem: by pressing the ROLL key, I can turn off the double image. Hangs together with sweetfx. Unfortunately I always have to get up to switch off - that sucks! Have you found a better solution in the meantime?

What and where is the "ROLL" key? I think experienced this symptom for the first time TODAY when I turned ASW off for the first time in months. Thnx for any replies!

EDIT: Oh, and also, is it still necessary to place a launch option in steam ("-no vr, ?) or something like that to disable Steam VR when launching AC thru Content Manager? I just did a clean re-install of AC and CM and I don't recall if I had been using that launch option in Steam before I did the clean re-install.

What and where is the "ROLL" key? I think experienced this symptom for the first time TODAY when I turned ASW off for the first time in months. Thnx for any replies!

EDIT: Oh, and also, is it still necessary to place a launch option in steam ("-no vr, ?) or something like that to disable Steam VR when launching AC thru Content Manager? I just did a clean re-install of AC and CM and I don't recall if I had been using that launch option in Steam before I did the clean re-install.
The Roll-key is the " Scroll-Lock" on english keybord. And yes, the vr option in steem is disabled. I read somewhere that it has to do with sweet fx. I'm not out but myself to delete it, as I do not know if it is needed by ac.

The Roll-key is the " Scroll-Lock" on english keybord. And yes, the vr option in steem is disabled. I read somewhere that it has to do with sweet fx. I'm not out but myself to delete it, as I do not know if it is needed by ac.

I also read just the other day that sweetfx can cause problems like this. I don't believe AC requires sweetfx, and I'd guess with the shaders patch it might not even be needed, so probably safe to delete it and see if that fixes the issue.

I also read just the other day that sweetfx can cause problems like this. I don't believe AC requires sweetfx, and I'd guess with the shaders patch it might not even be needed, so probably safe to delete it and see if that fixes the issue.

Hey there Brandon, I hope you are doing well! I've been interested in your writings about hanging out at Indy over the past few years. I was down there on business a few years ago during the week, so I went to the museum. When I starting driving over to gasoline alley, they require you to drive across the F1 track, where there were only two small cones blocking access to the track......soooooo.....I "failed to see them" and simply turned onto the track and drove over there via the infield course. Backwards however, but I did manage to hit a couple apexes....:bowdown:

Hey, so, do I understand that I still need to type in something in the AC Steam Launcher options to disable Steam VR? or does CM automatically do that?

Anyway, glad to see you're still active in the community here!

Hey there Brandon, I hope you are doing well! I've been interested in your writings about hanging out at Indy over the past few years. I was down there on business a few years ago during the week, so I went to the museum. When I starting driving over to gasoline alley, they require you to drive across the F1 track, where there were only two small cones blocking access to the track......soooooo.....I "failed to see them" and simply turned onto the track and drove over there via the infield course. Backwards however, but I did manage to hit a couple apexes....:bowdown:

Hehe, you rebel!! :D I bet it was still awesome. Around the holidays they dress the place up with a few million Xmas lights and you drive your car through the displays. It covers about 2/3 of the road course and then spits you out on the front stretch where you get to drive over the Yard of Bricks and then through Gasoline Alley. Of course you're going quite slow but it's still mega. The place is pretty cool, and HUGE, isn't it? If you ever come back give me a holler! I'll be down there two weeks from today to kick of the greatest month of racing, can't wait. :) I had a great view at Carb Day last year. :cool:

IMS Selfie 1_clean.jpg

Hey, so, do I understand that I still need to type in something in the AC Steam Launcher options to disable Steam VR? or does CM automatically do that?

Anyway, glad to see you're still active in the community here!

I'm not sure I can answer this. I'd never typed something into the launcher before, but I think on my end Steam VR only starts if I ask it to. We do have to have Oculus Home running now but when it's in the background it uses virtually no resources so no big deal.

Thought I would post my VR technical issue in this Thread here first. See images below. When I use AC with Oculus Rift CV1 VR.......I get this odd problem shown in the images below. Where the AC HUD is not centered in the car cockpit. Tried the 'Shift+space" command and a couple other commands, display and scaling settings in CM and Win10, but haven't found anything on the internet specifically calling out this problem and resolving. I have CM, CSP and SOL installed as well. Anyone else have this type of issue? Thanks for reading and hopefully assisting!

EDIT: Hey @BrandonW77 , your thoughts? (hope you are doing well!.....)

ac-oculus-cv-1-off-center-001.jpg

ac-oculus-cv-1-off-center-002.jpg

Last edited:
Back