Odd championship standings.

• Thread starter TextRich
  • 3 comments

TextRich

Premium
United States
Austin
BFBullpup
A few days ago I made several attempts to Gold the Red Bull Junior championship. In my latest attempt out of 5 races I managed to win 3 and in the last race (Brands Hatch) I recovered from a dumb spin to finish 3rd. What happened is that I had the same points total as the leading AI driver in the end, but the rankings had that A.I. in 1st place and me in 2nd place. I was furious for a few seconds (because (1) I didn't particularly enjoy that championship and wanted it over with, and (2) I should have won that championship by tiebreaker). I went to the next screen and the game showed me a Gold trophy for winning the championship after all.

Has this happened to anyone else in GT6? I have played GT5 a lot too but never ended a championship tied for 1st/2nd/3rd place. Does GT6 take in account wins/high placements as tiebreakers (as is usual in most real-life racing series)? Or will you still win a trophy even if you have identical points total with an AI and the AI would be the one with the tiebreaker advantage? For example if I have 300 points and 1 win and the AI has 300 points and 2 wins, and we both are tied for most points, would I still win the championship anyway?

I was doing the IB final championship and I won 4 races and completely skipped one. The second place car won the race I skipped and had second place for the rest. We both ended up with 400pts, but it still showed me in 1st place. It made sense to me since I won more races. I don't know why in your case it showed you as being second. So I don't know what they use to determine the order in the event of a tie. I assumed it took the number of best results into account like most real life racing series, but with your results I'm not so sure.

Thank you for your reply. It was just so odd the game told me I got #2 - I was even leading in the standings for the final race so it wasn't like I came from behind to tie the series. I was thinking the standings rank the most recent winner higher but for your example the #2 AI won the last race and is still listed as #2 anyway. :confused:

Back