Odd Lap Invalidation!

  • Thread starter Thread starter SynthManiac75
  • 5 comments
  • 737 views
Messages
41
United States
WV
Messages
Provst01
Very strange lap invalidation on Motegi today. I just dropped nearly 2 mil on a Jag and took it to Motegi for a test drive (literally chose TEST DRIVE from the garage). On the first turn I slowed down to a stop so I could change camera views to listen to the exhaust note on this beast.

I didn't leave the track, didn't cut a corner, NOTHING. Dead center of the track (just came to a stop) and wham! Invalidated Lap. One it's a test drive. Two, the obvious penalty would be simply "standing still" eating up the clock, but an actual lap invalidation while sitting DEAD CENTER on the track on a test drive is a strange one....
 
Perhaps its a penalty for getting in the way of the track sweepers!!!;)

Did you check your mirrors for advancing corner workers?

JK...
GTsail
 
I just tested this out in the Vertigo at SSR7 and it seems to allow you a maximum of 3 seconds stationary before invalidating the lap. 👍
 
I cut Ascari once and some message popped up that I ignored. I'm not sure what happened, but when I finished I found that I was 3rd place instead of 1st at 4 laps instead of 3???

I'm wondering how I got 3rd place at a lap down. I would have expected last place.
 
I noticed that when doing the superlap seasonals. Any stopped condition for more than a few seconds is enough to disqualify. It doesn't matter if you're on the track or not.
 
You're not allowed to be stationary on the race track.
 
Back