Oddities in the GT2 Manual

United States
East Coast, USA
EnzoOwnerFEARME
I was browsing through my manual for my NTSC-J GT2, and I notoced some wierd things, so I decided to make a thread dedicated to just the manual.

Here's what I found:
  • Both the infamous Polo and CLK DTM were in the list of cars.
  • The Nismo GT-R LM Roadcar, which does not exist in the Japanese version, is in the car list.
  • The car list is missing the Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car.
  • On page 13, there is a picture of the New Car page for a Supra RZ. The format/design of the page looks different from the one in my game. (1.0)
That's about it for now, I'll keep looking.

@GTE4everyone Looks like I found something similar to what you found. I don't know how this layout would have looked if it was completed. I'll do an artist's render of it, though. Note the weird "S" symbol, the old My Home icon and the Memory Card icon in the top left corner.
image.jpg

Here's something you can't read without a microscope...

Also, on page 15 of the user manual, look at the image for 2 Player Battle. Judging by the wider font on the top of the screenshot that reads "2 PLAYER BATTLE", which is unlike the skinny font used in the final versions, one could see that this indeed is a build similar to the Pizza Hut, or PH demo.
image.jpg

That "S" symbol is actually the same thing as in the full game.
image.jpeg

But in the picture on the manual, it's really small, so you can't see the thin lines.
image.jpeg

The memory card button is in my manual too, but it isn't in the game it came with..... (´・Д・)」
Anyways, in the manual it says it takes you to the top menu, which makes sense, as it's where you save and load games.

Also that "Race Entry" page is interesting. Definitely an old scrapped format. In mine it has the normal format.

In my non-Platinum PAL manual of GT2 the screenshots are directly from GT1. I wonder why they didn't include GT2 pics instead...maybe they were placeholders and were forgot.

I sold my original Platinum copy of GT2 a long time ago unfortunately but I kept its manual, and THAT has GT2 pics. So at least they noticed their mistake and fixed it for the Platinum release... :P

Somebody order manual style UI? Literally saw this thread and found this about 30 mins later. There's a bunch more early UI bits in the eng portion of the JP 1.0 disc (that's where this comes from, I hacked around some things to put it in the actual game). It doesn't work. The things to click on are in the same place they always are, it's just the background that's changed

The lower "Line Up 1" isn't part of it, it's just I couldn't be bothered to get rid of it since it takes a bit of work
special1.png

Back