Off road buggies in upcoming update

United States
Anchorage, AK
nomeite
http://ps4daily.com/2015/03/driveclub-buggy-cars/
DriveClub seems to be getting better with each update. Sony just announced the brand new additions to the game: buggies. That’s right, those sweet little off-road cars that developer Evolution Studios showed us in their Motprsport series.
BBkzudr-640x359.jpg

gxS6TFn-640x359.jpg

available on Hong Kong store
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...oon)/cid=HP9000-CUSA00066_00-0000000000000026

Jump behind the wheel of a true MotorStorm™ legend – the Wombat Typhoon.

A real fan favourite from the smash racing series, the beloved “MotorStorm™ Buggy” is now ready to roll into next-gen action on DRIVECLUB™ tracks across the globe.

Add this iconic buggy to your garage of DRIVECLUB™ vehicles today.

In order to play with this additional content, it is necessary to first purchase game disc or full game from PlayStation®Store that is sold separately and update your game with the most recent online update.
This program or data to be applied to existing program is only compatible with Asia version (official product) which is distributed by SCEI or other official distributors. Compatibility with program or data from other region is not guaranteed.

Since it only hit that PSN store today it may well be a live test, but if they don't get a full release I will be genuinely annoyed. I didn't buy the season pass because it looked pretty on the receipt when I got the game, I bought it to get every bit of content they released.

Since it only hit that PSN store today it may well be a live test, but if they don't get a full release I will be genuinely annoyed. I didn't buy the season pass because it looked pretty on the receipt when I got the game, I bought it to get every bit of content they released.

it's free

,,, only in JP.
I know it's free, but it's not available to the rest of the world, including everyone who has paid the extra premium, and that's the annoyance.

,,, only in JP.
I know it's free, but it's not available to the rest of the world, including everyone who has paid the extra premium, and that's the annoyance.
Actually only free in Hong Kong presently. Japan have to wait also. Like you said earlier though, give it time. HK had the PS+ version for some reason, maybe also a test - we'll see.

Hi guys,

I have 2 accounts (Asia and US) but the buggies is not available on the US store. I don't know if it will be available later or not at all.

US Store:
dszohg.png

Asia store:
xlllwz.png

WOW Buggies handle better than the car lol don't even have to change wheel setting, good balance.
I can race online now Yay lol

Edit very good fun online

Drove the buggy earlier and had much more fun than I thought I would. It makes me crave a motorstorm on PS4. Heck even some off-road tracks or a tiny block of desert in Chile with some ramps would do! Lol

1427479785-driveclub-lunatics-expansion-pack.jpg

Rumour has it....

I will believe this irrespective of the spelling mistakes.

YES!!
As much as I'd like to believe, those images just look too last-gen to me...plus the spelling mistake veer me toward an individual rather than Evolution being responsible for that.

Having the buggy though does make more sense of the AI's boisterous behaviour.

I really hope Evolution Studios are working on MotorStorm for PS4!*

* Without the ******** rubber banding that MotorStorm had, but I think they learned their lesson.

You know what ironic and fascinating?

The Buggy does not fit a bit into the game. However. Having boost with a different recharge system, being able to drive off-road without losing speed, being able to take short cuts without getting a penalty (damn Evo, smart move) and all this in combination with the difficult handling of this Buggy beast makes the game and the courses MUCH more challenging, different, complicated all in a positive way and overall it adds fresh brink wind to the game. Having the ability driving off-road even changes the race course lay-out! (Hope you will understand what I mean) And I know it should be the opposite of it, but Buggy events adds a small tactical aspect to it. You'll have to find out where to drive, to boost, to break, to steering correctly, to accelarate and so on, but this time in off road sections. You also need to find the best off road sections first. 👍

Of course it's only my opinion. What do you think about this? It's like a reverse April fool of a reversed April fool within a reverse April fool. The intention was driving like a fool, ironically it's the complete opposite after you know how to drive the buggy correctly. You didn't want to see my first try, believe me. And the second, and the third... :P

In overall, it's almost feel like a Driveclub and MotorStorm crossover and now I want a MotorStorm for the PS4 also. They've already stated 2 months ago that surprises are on the way. Never excepted this. Never excepted this this good. Please Evo, release a Buggy Expension Pack in the near future and thanks for the awesome birthday gift/surprise. :bowdown:

...release a Buggy Expension Pack...
So, it was you who mocked up that image ;)

I agree with the off-road aspect and the strategy involved. I have played a stupid amount of Fuel, which for those who don't know of it, was a completely open-world racing game fairly similar to Motorstorm. Okay, you could cut straight across country to reach the checkpoints, but the trick lay in knowing the terrain first and when to cut, as sometimes the road is the faster route.

The only disadvantage I can see is the wall-riding - it can still be used, but that's something certain gamers will always take advantage of.

Back