offical online racing with ranking

• Thread starter teo72
  • 1 comments
I for one would very much like to compete with the best of the best. But in Gt4 there is one big problem. When you enter a laptime on gtplanet's ranking list. How can you be shure that the other times are legit (done accourding to the offical rules set up by gtplanet , aka no cheating)... exactly, you can't.

But if polyphony set up offical online contests and timetrials where cheaters where instantly penalised then then you could trust the times. Of course the online ranking update must be done by the game (GT5) for this to work. The game could analyse you replay/race and check the offical ranking and notify you (the gamer) when you set a new online record.

Another great ide would be to use this system to invite players to online competitions based on performance. There could be cashprices (real money) in these competitions. I'm thinking nationals, european championship, asian championship, and so on. And of course the world championship. The possebilities are endless.

I'm from norway, so excuse my bad spelling.

Well, over here in America, they are doing a contest, but it's already halfway over =\ and it's nowhere near me (1,000 miles at the closest) and I'd love to go to one. Ever heard of X-link?

Back