Office Product Key doesn't work.

  • Thread starter Thread starter NFSCARBON1
  • 8 comments
  • 1,076 views
Messages
2,605
Wales
Newport
Messages
NFSCARBON1
My laptop has Microsoft Office 2007 installed but now it says it needs a product key. I've tried using the key on the 'Certificate of Authenticity' on the bottom of my laptop but it says it's not valid. Searching on the internet only reveals buying the full version or some links to dodgy downloads. Is there anyway to bypass this registration or am i stuck having to shell out for whats already on my computer? :grumpy:
 
If I'm not mistaken, the product key should be on the install disc, not on the laptop.
 
Have you called Microsoft? Thats what I'd do.
 
TB
If I'm not mistaken, the product key should be on the install disc, not on the laptop.

It doesn't have a disc drive. It's in between a netbook and a laptop.
 
TB
If I'm not mistaken, the product key should be on the install disc, not on the laptop.
The product key on the computer would be for the OS.
 
Thanks. Looks like i will have to buy a product code then.
 
You have a pre-loaded Trial version of Office, which has expired.
 
^That

If the Office came with the laptop pre-installed, then it's probably a trial version and it's expired, so you'll have to buy a product code, as wfooshee said.
 
It's extremely rare to see any type of large software be installed for free on a new laptop. If you go to college or go to work where they will give a free copy you could get it from there. You most likely got a 30 day, 60 day, or amount of uses trial on the laptop.
 
Back