official GTR record broken

  • Thread starter Thread starter clos2727
  • 25 comments
  • 3,284 views

clos2727

(Banned)
Messages
182
Saint Lucia
Usa
Messages
con-sistant
live recording of myself breaking the official GTR record

no assist, only abs @ 1, tranny manual

sorry cant really see the time at the end its 1:26.918



just for fun. put these two vids beside each other, and play at the right time. precision in track and cars spec are amazing, notice gears are almost identical when shifting. aside from me downshifting to whip the back end a little. he stays in gears through most the turns, but other than that. realizm cant get any closer. you need to pause my vid to let the real vid catch up and then unpause

 
Last edited:
yeah 7;26.918 i know i cut the vid a little short, it was challenging, reason i was able to capture it live. was because it was on my second run, ever. i only play nurburgring online so i said let me give this a try.. im sure if i keep at it, ill improve my time.
 
Lets take into account that the road was wet in the real life record and in GT5 you don't die if you crash, which definitely takes a few secs of the real life run. Still, great driving and good video.
 
oh i know, never in a million years would i ever attempt these speeds on this track, let alone drive on it. one can only dream. i only put the real vid so that people could see how precise gt5 comes to reality. aside from the obvious dangers. but mainly the track layout, hill and turn degrees. versus the game. also how precise the game is to the car specs. notice how close my shifting is the the real counterpart. we're almost at the same gear in every turn aside from me downshifting to whip the back a little.

i played the nurburgring on shift 2 and the track just didnt seem right, i could walk in on a gt 5 player racing in nur..and i can tell exactly where hes at on the course. try that with shift and it will take you a while to try to pick out where exactly he is on the track.. just my opinion of course
 
Last edited:
Did you mean 7:26.918 :)

How challenging did you find it? I've done it in 7.24.436 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtnA94hQBu8

Cracking time! What controller did you use? What about driver aids?

I know you can't change much, otherwise you don't get the trophy.

I just did it in 7:26.952 with a DS3, after setting the traction control to 1 and I felt pretty chuffed with that.
 
I used the Logitech GT wheel and traction control on 1
 
Lets take into account that the road was wet in the real life record and in GT5 you don't die if you crash, which definitely takes a few secs of the real life run. Still, great driving and good video.
It also uses a finish line in an earlier place, which cancels much of that out. (3 or 4 seconds perhaps).

My first attempt was a not great 7:22, which to me felt a bit too fast. I'm not sure if the tyres are a bit too grippy or if it's just the ultra forgiving way gt5 urges you to monster the inside kerbs at every corner.

I expect people have gone a great deal quicker.
 
Noticed your upshifts are being done when you price the stick forward, and downshifts by pressing backwards.

irl this is the other way around on 99% of the cars :)
 
no i changed the setting on the controller, it feels much more natural, my Subaru forester has sequential shifter and up is up , and down is down.
 
no i changed the setting on the controller, it feels much more natural, my Subaru forester has sequential shifter and up is up , and down is down.

That is weird. Racing cars that use a sequential like that is reverse of what you describe. Back is up and forward is down. It makes it easier with the G forces, since when you accelerate it is more natural to pull it backwards and forwards is when you are breaking. Just like it works in a fighter plane, the G forces makes it easier and more natural to pull the stick backwards when you want to climb and vise versa.
 
Did you mean 7:26.918 :)

How challenging did you find it? I've done it in 7.24.436 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtnA94hQBu8

hey, good times there.. thats the only car I don't have a decent time with on nurb..I did it in 7.28.xxx... I ve tried &beat most of the other nurb lap times Ive found on youtube though (those vids that feature stock cars on sports hard or in some cases sports soft tyres too).. one of the fairly hardest I found &managed to beat lately was a guy that hit a lap time of 7:30.xxx with a stock cobra 427 on sports softs

So any of y'all want to do a time attack challenge on the same car some time? There's also a corvette ZR1 record we could work on.. btw I recommend we do it with all assists off abs-1... it's more of a fun but I warn you that the ZR1 is no child's play with assists off !!
 
Great driving, cool video to. I still can't beat the record, although I think this video will help.
 
keep at it bro, you'll get it.

the trick is to learn how fast you can get the car going in the curvy part of nurburg, this is where you will loose time, if your not familiar with how hard you should push the vehicle, 5 plus seconds can be added to your time in this section alone. go to the amg school and study this section... it will definitely improve your time
 
clos2727
keep at it bro, you'll get it.

the trick is to learn how fast you can get the car going in the curvy part of nurburg, this is where you will loose time, if your not familiar with how hard you should push the vehicle, 5 plus seconds can be added to your time in this section alone. go to the amg school and study this section... it will definitely improve your time

The "zig-zaggy" part near the beginning?
 
Nice vid! Good idea putting both views into the video :)

I just started working on this myself. My first few tries could only get 7:42 and thought no way I'll ever get this! Then improved it to 7:36, and then yesterday took it down to 7:32, so now I feel like it's within striking distance! I'm using the DS3 & automatic shifting but it should be doable, I hope...:nervous:
 
Some months ago i tried to do a lap with the trophy setup a close as possible to the real one. I put both laps into one video:


Btw my fastet lap was for the trophy was 7.16,550 :)
 
man you must have been pushing that car to its limit to get that time. shoot and i thought i was pushing it, this car is one grass step away from spinning out on the turns.
 
It didn't appear as though you had grip reduction to real. Not sure.
 
You can see it's set to "Low" in the first parts of the video.

grip reduction only applies when you leave the track area onto the grass, it has no effect on the track. it mainly occurs when the outside wheel hits the grass while accelerating or on a hard turn. if you look at the whole video, i barely ever left the track, only time i got off the track was to access the apex and if and when i was on the grass it was only while coming off the apex while the car was completely straight.. not trying to sound like im mad or anything, just stating
 
Last edited:
new video up on my youtube channel.
 
Back