Official release date + game update

  • Thread starter Thread starter RedOak
  • 14 comments
  • 1,116 views
Messages
1,261
Messages
Dry Tarmak
Got this from Ve3d.com which points at eurogamer and ign.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/550/550780p1.html

Game is to come out in japan and asian on December 3rd, and the rest of the world on December 14th.

There will be no Online components for the game, but apparently a new game will come out in 2005 that will sport online efforts.


Also, IGN supposedly sports a complete list of cars (650...?). If that's the case, no Ferrari, no Lambo, no porche, no Konneigsegg...

After reading all this, i feel a little 'down' somehow. Not sure why, but i do feel a little disapointed. Oh well.
 
That's not the complete list of cars. Those are the cars ign show at the show!
 
The 14th Decembre is now the "Offical Release Date" ??
 
No thats the estimated release date.........only the Japan release date is OFFICAL!
 
I'm a bit disappointed with this partial list thus far. I had hoped to see more cars from the 1970s and 1980s. That's just me though; I'm sure I'm in the minority there.
 
I know they want to get it right but I am very dissapointed that there is no online play! Online is the only way to go, AI cars suck in any game I have ever played and beleive me this 34 year old has played them all! The thing that just burns my ass is that sony discontinued the I-link so now we cant even link up on the new game and have no real competition until the so called online version comes out! (which will never happen). The news is true boys go here (SPOnG.com) and read the full article. I feel like I got punched in the gut or some one shot my dog. :sick:
 
That cant be the official list. No current model street corvette. There has to be more to come!
 
God Damn Polyphony Digital ...

Why the stupid delay. First it was said, that they are working for the online mode of the game (which honestly and trully - please don't flame me for my opinion - sux and is not neccessary as far as I am concerned). And now this: no online and later release date. I mean ... c'mon ...

And all that after so much advertising, and "free" demos - BMW 1, Audi, and so on, Kaz saying about driving 800+ laps on The Ring... I guess the game is done, they just want to play it alone for some more time and tease us ... bastards.

Sorry for this outbreak, but it had to be said ....
 
Actually, I think it's the other way around.. early release due to the removal of the online component. GT4 online: Fall 2005. GT4 Not online: Winter 2004. All they're doing now is just polishing off the last bits of the game and removing any active online code. Seems fair to wait a few more months for that.

And technically, it's not really a delay, since they never announced a concrete release date before today.
 
^That's what I call an optimistic point of view!

As I've said in another thread, PD needs to released some more information about that "game update" (i.e. GT online) as soon as they can. At least before the normal GT4 hits the shelves.
 
vipersan
And all that after so much advertising, and "free" demos - BMW 1, Audi, and so on, Kaz saying about driving 800+ laps on The Ring... I guess the game is done, they just want to play it alone for some more time and tease us ... bastards.

Agree! :p
 
Actually Gamespot heard from the man himself. Dec. 14 is the new release date but holy crap, there's alot of new stuff. The new B-Spec mode. The Photo-Drive mode. And so much more! Suzuka, El Captian, and more! 👍
 
I always believed that IGN’s claim that the americans were getting it first was dubious. I’m pleased, I've had a Japanese copy on preorder since late 2003. :lol:
 
Back