Offline Mechanical damage (it isnt a missing feature)

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT_Scrub
  • 14 comments
  • 3,356 views
Messages
28
Here's just a snippet of the article:

As investigated by GTPlanet.net forum, Gran Turismo 5 has a progressive damage system. This means that as you level up and become more experienced each level of damage becomes unlocked. A report indicates that at level 20 in the game, near full damage becomes unlocked with moderate mechanical issues and at level 40 full damage becomes unlocked with significant mechanical issues.

for the full article visit:

http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/11/27/...led-yamauchis-damage-test-incomplete-reviews/
 
Interesting. At level 23, I've not noticed any significant damage - and it says "near full damage" is turned on at 20... and I've hit my share of walls recently...
 
Interesting. At level 23, I've not noticed any significant damage - and it says "near full damage" is turned on at 20... and I've hit my share of walls recently...

agreed...I'm level 22 and there seems to be NO difference in the damage to my car now physical or mechanical to what happened at level 1.
 
I believe it has been already debunked by Sony.
 
agreed...I'm level 22 and there seems to be NO difference in the damage to my car now physical or mechanical to what happened at level 1.

I am at level 16 A class and level 4 B class and my idiot driver had my honda integra scratched twisted and the right hand side of the bumper had come off, cost 14000cr to repair.
I feel my B class driver may be working at netto next week.
 
That article is a load of rubbish, ignore it and robhulme, damage fixes itself after the race, you don't have to pay to fix it.
 
If damage was unlocked at various levels I would asume that it would be indicated in the lower left hand corner as it is online. I have not seen this yet (level 20) in GT Life, so I'm just asuming it is not there at all.
 
I am pretty sure the mechanical part is untrue. Graphically yes. I was racing really dirty vs the AI trying to win a race last night, banging cars and wall and the car really didn't suffer much in handling department.
 
The only damage I have saw to this point is online. I am level 27 and while I race clean stuff happens when you are going over 200mph no mechanical damage of any sort and only minor visual damage which shows up on replays.

The visual part is odd. When racing online with my friends I hit a barrier with my RM Camaro and my friend said the front of my car looked like it had been wrapped around a pole but when I looked at it during the race it did not have a strach on it. Likewise he had hit me from behind when I hit the barrier and when I got a look at his car the driver side fender was like totally destroyed yet when he looked at his car in race it did not have a scratch.
 
I love the way that articles quoting old GTP speculation which has since been disproved are being used to refute the later, correct, GTP knowledge.

As for the linked article, the only thing more moronic than the suggestion that game reviewers should have endured the grind to 40 was the comments section...
 
I for one am really hoping for mechanical damage to be there once i hit level 40
 
That article is a load of rubbish, ignore it and robhulme, damage fixes itself after the race, you don't have to pay to fix it.

Visualy yes but if you check in the auto centre you will need to repair the rigidity of your car.
 
Visualy yes but if you check in the auto centre you will need to repair the rigidity of your car.

That's wrong, as soon as you drive the car ( whether you crash or not ) you have the option of resorting the rigidity and it always costs half the original price of the car.
 
My first B-class race had damage to my car on the front/left side of the car. I haven't had any in A-spec but I'm only an 18. I don't understand why they didn't implement it right away. It'll teach new drivers to not run into everything all day.
 
Back