OFFLINE PLAYERS VS ONLINE RACERS, OFFLINE PLAYERS WON !

• Thread starter SYLVERIS
  • 1 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

SYLVERIS

(Banned)
France
France
First of all, excuse me for my poor English, I will try to explain my feeling, I hope you will understand me !
I know the majority of people here will hate me because I'm a part of the minority, the ONLINE RACERS, but whatever.
I'm (was) a hard GT Sport player, with 1400 days of connection x an average of 3 or 4 hours per day, but I ONLY PLAY ONLINE, in lobbies ! It's now an evidence there are two different types of users, the "OFFLINE PLAYERS" and the "ONLINE RACERS".
I will classify like this even if OFFLINE here is not well used, because those players need an internet connection, but they play against AI, so when I talk about OFFLINE players, I talk about players that want to play against AI.

I don't understand what is the problem with the only ONLINE use, I played for more 1 year with my 4G phone, because it was faster than my ADSL, so if you can post here with your 4G, you can play GT7 connected to the PSN.
But finally, I think I know why so many people are complaining with this. They are afraid ! They are afraid to see their name in a list, allowing others to compare their time with their own time, even if they had the gold cup ! OFFLINE players prefer offline because when they had the gold cup, nobody knows they just had it with 0.200s faster, but are at more then 2 seconds compare to their friends ?
So they prefer to play with an AI. An AI can't send you a message to insult you because you dive bombed at each turn to win a gold cup ! So the question is : ARE YOU SERIOUS ?
The fact is that the OFFLINE USERS will finally being the people who killed this game, just by the way they want to use it !
After the GT Sport launch, we heard here and here, that it was not a real GT because online focused, and with a poor "OFFLINE content", in fact a poor content against AI. This is why I finally (despite few bugs never solved, and a lack of few options in lobby management) loved GT Sport, because of the very open world in lobbies compare to this ACTUAL GT7 (maybe not true in few updates) ! I didn't play to other GT that much, only a little experience on the very first one, but more then 6000 hours on GT Sport, and it was so great for the non hardcore gamer I was to do races with other people around the world, that I became a hardcore racer !
If I was at PD in the creation of what will become GT Sport, I will do the same choices, and put everything on the online races and lobbies, that was supposed to be logic : all around the world, for many years now, everybody asked for a better and faster internet, to be able to play with other people, after being years and years forced to play with a stupid AI, alone, or maybe against a friend, when he's faster than you, you don't want to play anymore, YOU, offline players !
How in 2022, can you asked to play again against an AI, when you can play with everybody around the world ? I gave a part of the answer on top of this thread.
But, PD red all the GT Sport comments, and because the majority of users are (and I can't still believe it but it's a fact) OFFLINE PLAYERS, they decided to come back to the previous "real and complete" GT series, and to add the content OFFLINE players wanted.
And now we all have this result : a game that is full of bugs, not finished, with an ONLINE lobby experience that is horrible because not finished too...
But bad luck for PD, if they add content to play against AI, the OFFLINE players are unhappy : it's an OFFLINE content that can satisfy their desire to play against AI, but it requires an ONLINE connection that allows everybody to see their times..., unacceptable to them ! And those OFFLINE PLAYERS are now posting bad reviews on Metacritic, to talk about the MANDATORY CONNECTION even for single player/against AI content or MTX (ok it was not cool)... or something else, when us ONLINE RACERS, are waiting for an update that will solve the ONLINE LOBBIES management, settings and options ! I almost can't see any comment on Metacritic talking about ONLINE LOBBY problems to justify the bad note ! Logic, they are not playing this mode !
The majority doesn't care about ONLINE LOBBY bugs, lack of options, lag, that make this mode almost UNPLAYABLE !
I know some want this because they are collectors of all GTs and PS1/2/3/4 to keep them in a showcase...but, my friends, we are in 2022, and I don't think the majority want to keep an old PS to not be able to play it because the living room tv is now hdmi only and we need a converter... only very hardcore gamers are doing this.
Finally, you OFFLINE PLAYERS, even if you are crying about a mandatory connection, or MTX... you have your content !
That's not the case of ONLINE RACERS ! ONLINE RACERS are reading comments about Sophy, and how PD will work for you OFFLINE PLAYERS, to make you a better AI, but nothing for us.
There are PLAYERS and RACERS, if GT7 (vs GT Sport) is finally made for PLAYERS, RACERS will have to find an other game (Iracing ?). Everybody has left GT Sport even the usual RACERS, that are waiting in GT7 not only an update to fix bugs, lack of options... but new tracks too, because the big part of them is coming from GT Sport !
So sorry to tell that but, unintentionaly, you OFFLINE PLAYERS have maybe won a battle that will force us to change of game, because PD is focused on your problems, because you are the majority !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back