OG fan from GT1 with only one grievance: Track list

United States
United States
When GT1 came out on PS1, I was a 15 year old kid with my drivers permit. I had dreams of owning super cars and all of that. GT was like digital crack to me. My grades suffered and I broke up with my gf to play as much as I could. I love this series.

My only issue with the game is the track list. I don’t know why it’s so stale, but tracks are by FAR the biggest thing that keeps a game feeling fresh. A fully tuned Mustang is pretty similar to a Corvette, Camaro, Hellcat or any other high HP rear wheel drive car. You can make an S2000 drive like a Silvia or an NSX. The thing that gives you the most change of pace is the tracks themselves. This current list is amazing if you’re a new player. If you have been playing racing games for years (like most people on this forum), the track list is underwhelming.

Laguna Seca and Spa are both legendary tracks, but I have done so many laps of them on damn near every other racing game (not even just GT). Project cars 2 was hit I miss, but it’s still the best track list on a console game by a mile. ACC also has some very nice tracks that I had never played before.

I know that the work involved in modeling a track on GT is insane, and it’s probably easier for them to keep the same list as the last several games. If they could give us 12 new tracks per year, I wouldn’t have a single grievance with this game. I just know that the main reason I’ll become burned out is the fact i can only do so many laps around the same tracks I have been driving for 2 decades or more.

Road America
Road Atlanta
Hockenheim (old F1 layout)
Mid Ohio
Zolder
Snetterton
Donington
Road America
BIR road course (longest straight in NA)
Sebring
Oulton
Surfers Paradise
COTA

Any of these would make a fine addition. I would be fine losing a few stale tracks like Willow Springs

I would also love to see new tracks, but my initial thought on your topic was: Man I can’t even choose what track to dive into, because there are so many! Yes we’ve seen them before, but still it is a lot. Especially with al the time of day and weather options.

Would love to see something completely new though.

I'm anticpating the return of a handful in the upcoming updates, likely Silverstone which seems such an obvious omission, Indianapolis to go along with Daytona and possibly the Goodwood Hillclimb with a special event to go with it.

All were in GT6 but left out of Sport, they're definitely adding new tracks so it makes sense to me they would start with these.

From your list I'd say Road America, Sebring and COTA (even though I could do without it personally haha) would be the most likely, I'm not too fussed about the British ones personally and they just don't seem to be on the radar of PD.

Back